Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Charger ... LEDs not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up a used wall charger off of Craigslist and hooked it up for a remote location. Charges just fine with the dips set at 40 or 50A.

But the LEDs aren't working. The connector on the main board looks intact but the snap latch is busted (I don't think they paid close attention when they were removing it), the ribbon cable looks intact and the lid with the small circuit board looks just fine.

Ideas as to how to troubleshoot or debug? Are these things (ribbon cables, lids, etc.) interchangeable between generations? Voltage for the pins that I can run the voltmeter against (I don't think it's simply voltage, more of a digital signal) to check?

well it's anyone's guess, but if the snap latch is broken it's likely the ribbon cable got yanked and lost connection somewhere. If all the LEDs are out then it's a common connection like ground or b+, I would start there and end there, hard to fix much else in that thing, and considering the power you are working with its a bit scary if you need to test a live circuit.