Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall connector adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

is there an adaptor to charge my e scooter from Tesla Wall Connector?
There is J1772 to NEMA by a Californian company. I dont have an electrical outlet in my condo parking but only my 3 Gen connector.
Thanks a lot

Thanks
Thanks, this is toncharge other EVs with Tesla Wall Connector. I look for adapter which transforms Tesla Wall connector to regular outlet (or240v one) in which I can plug my E scooter. This same company evseadapters offers one but there are no comments or info. I send them a message.

Oh you need to go from Tesla to a standard NEMA 5-15? I've never heard of an adapter like that. You'd probably have to use the one I linked to plus the one you linked to. That sounds like a bad idea. Surely there's a better solution.

Hello,

is there an adaptor to charge my e scooter from Tesla Wall Connector?
There is J1772 to NEMA by a Californian company. I dont have an electrical outlet in my condo parking but only my 3 Gen connector.
Thanks a lot
While you can purchase a J1772 to NEMA adapter such as the one sold by EVSE Adapters you may have an issue if your eBike charger uses a NEMA 120V 5-15 or 5-20 plug. The 120V plugs require a neutral connection to be wired in the 5-15/5-20 receptacle. The Tesla Wall Connector does not use the neutral connection as this is not used when charging the Tesla vehicle using L2 (240V) charging. Some 240V plugs and receptacles have the neutral connection while other 240V plugs do not. When charging the Tesla vehicle using L2 the charging connector only carries current on the (2) 120V hot leads and also provides the ground connection when charging but does not provide the neutral connection.

• Informative
Reactions: LoudMusic