Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Connector Gen 3 install issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not blaming you on your choice of electrician and you said many times of the limited choices. I get it...

My only question was, were you even present at the time of installation or did the electrician come while you were at work and they had access to the electrical panel and all they need without you being present and completed the job but you were not able to test the connection?

I will put it this way, when the electrician went to install the NEMA 14-50 plug in my house, I was there and present during the whole process and made sure I was able to charge my car before he left even if they were in the process of packing up.
I was not present. For convenience (Lol) this was installed as part of a larger solar project. My point being the contractors were at the house for 4-5 days.

I should have specified that I want to be present during the wall connector install and do a test charge. But I didn’t, and they installed it whenever they did.

Good news is the solar and battery system is working nicely.

This is the important one. If you're comfortable enough, and have a multimeter, you could figure this out on your own.

If it were me (and I'm not suggesting you do this lest you electrocute yourself), I would flip the breaker off, open the wall connector, flip the breaker on, then test with a multimeter that each leg of the circuit is producing the expected voltage.

There should only be 3 wires inside. One is 2 of them produce 120v each, and the third is the ground.
I’ll think about this one…. But leaning no.

dont forget the scheduled charging is used in alignment with the electric utility time of use rate use
My utility TOU plan is straightforward and displayed in my solar app. So I can schedule the times based on that and I should be covered.

I’m in CA so rates are high. I used to be on a tier system at 32c and 42c for tier 1 and 2.

Now my off peak on TOU is 21c, and peak is ~52c. Nice to know i I could fill the car overnight for $16-17 bucks.