Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Connector with 14-50 Plug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not an exact quote but I have read ‘ I could only pull 48A but I always carry a small screwdriver for such occasions and changed the charger back to 70A to give the full charge’.
Again, if it’s yours in your garage with no-one else having access it’s fine. But there are people admitting to increasing the output without even checking. It’s why I have a healthy distrust of people.

I imagine that is an extreme edge case. It takes a good amount of effort to change the dip switch settings. You have to disable the breaker, remove the security screw to take off the face plate of the HPWC, unscrew the inside cover, modify the dip switch and then reassemble/energize.

That's definitely not something most people even know how to do let alone will do.

Reactions: GSP
The only reason I see to wire a capacity over a 32AMP charge rate (40amp breaker) that UMC gives you is to support 2 vehicles, aside from that, charging at 32AMP is plenty quick. Going over the 40AMP breaker size is a big issue for most homes that have 100AMP panels