Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want to buy Roadster hardtop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m almost close to closing a deal on a 2011 2.5 roadster. It comes with the factory softop. Anyone out there in Southern California want to sell a black carbon fiber hardtop to me? I’ve contacted Visium in Italy but it takes over 30 days to manufacture one for me and I’m supposed to eventually pay in full before the item even ships...have any of you done that? Easy way for a scammer to take your hard earned money.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
Totally your call. If I were getting one, going through a U.S.-based seller would be worth the price difference; esp if there’s an issue with it. There have been known fitment and condition/quality concerns with some of them and I’d figure it would be easier to remediate them that way.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
I’m almost close to closing a deal on a 2011 2.5 roadster. It comes with the factory softop. Anyone out there in Southern California want to sell a black carbon fiber hardtop to me? I’ve contacted Visium in Italy but it takes over 30 days to manufacture one for me and I’m supposed to eventually pay in full before the item even ships...have any of you done that? Easy way for a scammer to take your hard earned money.
I bought from Visium. Very well made, fits perfect and good quality. Was very skeptical when ordering. But euro200 deposit is reasonable. Full pay of remaining amount when it is ready to ship. Arrived faster than quoted.

I bought the hard top with my Roadster with the idea that I'd use it in the winter. I find that I rarely bother, and then only so I don't feel like I wasted my money. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't bother with it.

I bought the hard top with my Roadster with the idea that I'd use it in the winter. I find that I rarely bother, and then only so I don't feel like I wasted my money. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't bother with it.

I drove my first year with the hard top on, then switched to the soft top, (which squeaks less, and only takes seconds to get off).

I've never put the hard top back on, even during the 2015 polar vortex, where temperatures were in the single digits. The soft top was perfectly fine. Above 40 or 50 degrees I drive with it off.