Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want to try new tires soon..had the crossclimate 2 for 2.5 yrs and been good but,,

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

meomyo

Nov 30, 2017
colorado
not exactly the most efficient tire so now looking at
1)pirelli ev
2) hankook ev tire

3) goodyear ev tire

any others? I would like an all weather tire to keep on all year here in colorado..thats why the cc2 worked so well.

Any tire is really going to have its compromises. If I lived where there was regular snowfall, I would either have some of the best all seasons for snow (like the CC2) or I would run two sets of tires, one of which being a dedicated snow tire. Traction is more important to me than efficiency. These cars have pretty good range and finding a charger is getting easier each month.

I think you made a good choice on the CC2. Just make it again.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
...so many trade-offs and personal use-case to factor in. For a "all weather" tire also add Vredestein Quatrac Pro to your list. Similar to Michelin Cross Climate.

I drive to the mountains once a week during ski season. I did not want a compromise so for the cost of my collision deductible I purchased a second set of wheels, which I swap out numerous times during the winter season (so many mid-winter dry periods in Colorado Front Range). Winter - Nokian R3. Not winter: PIRELLI P ZERO ALL SEASON PLUS ELECT

...so many trade-offs and personal use-case to factor in. For a "all weather" tire also add Vredestein Quatrac Pro to your list. Similar to Michelin Cross Climate.

I drive to the mountains once a week during ski season. I did not want a compromise so for the cost of my collision deductible I purchased a second set of wheels, which I swap out numerous times during the winter season (so many mid-winter dry periods in Colorado Front Range). Winter - Nokian R3. Not winter: PIRELLI P ZERO ALL SEASON PLUS ELECT
TOO bad they arent more efficient

I would like an all weather tire to keep on all year here in colorado..thats why the cc2 worked so well.
Pirelli all-weather, tread looks like it would roll more easily than the big lugged Cross Climate. ??

Screen Shot 2023-05-21 at 7.07.36 AM.png

245/45R19 Size Tires: choose the best for your car | Pirelli

I had the P7 ASII + tires, and they were done at 19k with 4/32. Discount Tire did a pro-rated warranty exchange for the P Zero All Season Plus Elect tires for $460. The Cinturato P7 tires had a 70,000 mile warranty - you'll never get that with a Tesla. The new Elect tires are very quiet, the hype about the foam inside the tire seems to be real. Have close to 10,000 miles on them, and they are down to 8/32 all around. (Pirelli starts the tread life at 10/32). If you have a refresh S,the all seasons are available in a staggered 19 inch set. I keep them at 45 psi all around, and don't show off a lot.
301953585_5330729270298181_9038988327007106241_n.jpg