Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanted: Used MS Pricing Assistance

Which would you choose?

• Option 1

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Option 2

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Qbenjamin

Frugal But Classy!
Jan 7, 2017
Bravos
Looking for some pricing assistance between two vehicles, feel free to chime in.

Both vehicles have: Clean history/clear title; FSD; SAS; Black interior (which I hate)

Differences indicated below.

Option 1: 2016 S75D ($58K). FUSC. Sunroof. UHFS. SWP. 21" Arachnids. Leather seats.

Option 2: 2017 S75D ($56K). Glass roof. Multi-pattern black seats (vegan).

TIA.

Option 1 seems like a no-brainer to me assuming similar mileage and condition? If you hate the black interior, why not wait for an interior option that you want though? I waited about a year for the perfect car for me; you don’t want to rush in to a purchase and end up regretting it.

Honestly given current new price/ range I think over $50k is too much for a 75.

I say this as someone who paid $50k for a P85 2 years ago and bet I could only get low $30s now. I also live in the Midwest so superchargers are not as densely distributed as the coasts so might be more range sensitive than you. Have a trip planned in a couple weeks that will have me something like 200miles from nearest supercharger.

A few questions:

Are these options through a private seller? I haven't seen anything close to this pricing on EV-CPO.

Mileage on both cars?

I agree with the previous poster that Option 1 is probably the better decision considering everything else is equal. With FSD, you will eventually get the upgraded MCU.

Even with the discontinuation of FUSC, I'd go for the 2016 (depending on mileage). If buying from Tesla, you would get the same 4/50k warranty and the battery warranty will be roughly the same.

Depends on whether you want the 21" wheels or not. From what other say, they only last about 15k miles and a pothole can destroy the rim pretty easily.

Option 1 seems like a no-brainer to me assuming similar mileage and condition? If you hate the black interior, why not wait for an interior option that you want though? I waited about a year for the perfect car for me; you don’t want to rush in to a purchase and end up regretting it.
Only way I’ll get exactly what I want is to order it. I’ve literally been waiting for 3 months to acquire another MS. Seems as though the white interior is very rare.

Also, the 2016 has under 30K miles, and the 2017 has 34K miles.

A few questions:

Are these options through a private seller? I haven't seen anything close to this pricing on EV-CPO.

Mileage on both cars?

I agree with the previous poster that Option 1 is probably the better decision considering everything else is equal. With FSD, you will eventually get the upgraded MCU.
Correct, private seller and dealership.

If you've got to have one now, go with option 1 and enjoy it and don't look back. Like you said, you will not find exactly what you want and the white interior turns blue easily, so not as nice as you think. Is option 1 with the nosecone?

If you don't go with option 1, can you please let me know with a private message?

Thx all, I'm actually just going to wait. For what I'm looking at paying, I keep seeing new inventory vehicles for about $15K more. While that is an additional expense, when you look at the depreciation curve, it makes more sense to just buy new and get exactly what I want.

Thx all, I'm actually just going to wait. For what I'm looking at paying, I keep seeing new inventory vehicles for about $15K more. While that is an additional expense, when you look at the depreciation curve, it makes more sense to just buy new and get exactly what I want.

Yep. The bad thing is, private sellers are pricing their cars based on Tesla's used car pricing (which makes no sense whatsoever). Tesla just lowered the prices on all new Model S' but did not lower it on their used cars.