Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warning! Totally Girly Question - Decals Model 3 Dash?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Coming to the end (fingers crossed) of our wait for our second Tesla - a dual motor M3. It'll be "my "car, after 2+ years of sharing our one vehicle.....our Model S P85. Hubby will be so happy to have me out of "his" car :)

Wondering......we've seen companies where you can order a new skin for the dash.....but does there exist a company making decals (ala the old Colorforms) for the dash? Or does anyone know if standard window clings will stick to the dash? Would love to be able to daisy-it-up for summer, and snowflake the dash for winter. All that open space is just screaming for some girly from-froo! I know....I know.....stop cringing guys.....it's a girl thing! :p

Thanks!

Admittedly, I'm not a girly-girl and can't fathom putting decals anywhere on the gorgeous clean lines of the dash, however I wonder if the Tesla Divas group on Facebook might have some ideas? I tend to doubt that regular window clings would adhere well to the wood grain dash - perhaps you'd need to cover it in something else first...? Clear Mod Podge, maybe? (she suggests, while internally dying a little) ;)

• Funny
Reactions: LoL Rick and Ormond
Oh the horrors! Ha! Certainly not Mod Podge! That's reserved for the Glue Goddesses :)

I was kind of thinking that I might look at the dash skins, like a shiny black, that might allow the clings to.....cling. If I could solve the "cling" question, then I'm thinking that the sky would be the limit on how the dash could be personalized? Not just daisies, but.....clings of anything.....trees, bicycles, tents......any interest..... Again, though, adherence is the big question here.....

Coming to the end (fingers crossed) of our wait for our second Tesla - a dual motor M3. It'll be "my "car, after 2+ years of sharing our one vehicle.....our Model S P85. Hubby will be so happy to have me out of "his" car :)

Wondering......we've seen companies where you can order a new skin for the dash.....but does there exist a company making decals (ala the old Colorforms) for the dash? Or does anyone know if standard window clings will stick to the dash? Would love to be able to daisy-it-up for summer, and snowflake the dash for winter. All that open space is just screaming for some girly from-froo! I know....I know.....stop cringing guys.....it's a girl thing! :p

Thanks!
Live with your car before changing dash. You might find you enjoy the minimalist dash but if not you might be inspired.

Reactions: Kermee
Just reading this thread I note the only person who thought it a good idea was another Washingtonian, everyone else was horrified. :)

I'm not interested in doing it to my car, but I do like the quirkiness of those of us in the NW along the I-5 corridor.

I got my car on D-Day and was thinking of putting invasion stripes on it (my car is white)
D-Day: Invasion Stripes - History

Other things in life got in the way (life went pear shaped for almost 2 years a couple of weeks after getting the car).

There are lots of cling film things for glass that should cling to any really smooth surface like the dash accent areas.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
@wdolson - Ha! D-Day stripes! Niiiiice......! I vote "do it!" I think that the clings could be fun - they're essentially temporary and would not damage the vehicle (no sticker goo). I'll look into it more seriously once we have the M3 in the garage:)

Yeah, we're not along the I-5 corridor, but just a "little" west of you out on the Olympic Peninsula. Our brown MS is still pretty much a unicorn-sighting, but we're starting to see more!

One thing that we (read: "I") will definitely miss in moving from the MS to the M3....is the big giant floor tray that we have between the front seats of our MS. A great purse spot and catch-all - I love it. Seriously doubt that there will be a mod for removing the M3 console to replace with the tray, but one can wish......

@Need - Off topic, but.....I'm the great-aunt (or...The Great Aunt!) Gotta keep up with the cool kids!

IMG_7399.jpg

@wdolson - Ha! D-Day stripes! Niiiiice......! I vote "do it!" I think that the clings could be fun - they're essentially temporary and would not damage the vehicle (no sticker goo). I'll look into it more seriously once we have the M3 in the garage:)

Yeah, we're not along the I-5 corridor, but just a "little" west of you out on the Olympic Peninsula. Our brown MS is still pretty much a unicorn-sighting, but we're starting to see more!

One thing that we (read: "I") will definitely miss in moving from the MS to the M3....is the big giant floor tray that we have between the front seats of our MS. A great purse spot and catch-all - I love it. Seriously doubt that there will be a mod for removing the M3 console to replace with the tray, but one can wish......

I somehow suspected you might be out on the Peninsula. I had a friend who had grown up out there. We were about the same age and she couldn't understand why my parents weren't hippies like hers. (My parents were a generation older and were suburban Republicans in Los Angeles.)

When I was 10 we passed through Oregon and Washington on the way to BC and I fell in love with the PNW (at least the part west of the Cascades). I've lived in Washington virtually my entire adult life (after college). First in the Seattle area (too urban for my tastes, but quirky enough) and the last 14 years outside of Vancouver, WA. We're close enough to Portland to get into town without too much trouble, but far enough out to have a lot of wildlife. Deer with entitlement problems are my biggest yard pest.

My S is new enough to come with a console and we like it. My SO is anti-purse, so she isn't looking to plunk down any big bag. Most of the time she carries her wallet and other accessories in pockets, but will occasionally breakdown and carry a small bag she can strap onto her body. She strongly objects when anyone calls it a purse. My last car didn't have a console (1992 Buick), though the armrest opened and had slots to store cassette tapes. I like having one.

I did have a loaner without the console once and it annoyed me everything slid around every time I stopped or accelerated.

If you're up for a short road trip PDX Tesla does day jaunt events. They went to Mt St Helens about a month ago and we're planning another event for next month. It would be more of a hike for people further north, but I thought pitching events to others around the NW might interest some people looking for a weekend trip.

Hahahaha!!! Maybe we could get some of those post-it page markers, line them up like fringe across the dash, and watch them blow in the vent breeze.

Off topic....but @wdolson - We did a tent camp trip w/some Tesla owners & other EVs this summer to Salt Spring Island, BC (Google it). Fun time! Will look into PDX day trips too. Gotta love it!

You could also get some fringe at a fabric shop, string it along the dash over the vent and the fringe will blow in the breeze.

PDX Tesla has a Google Group and a Facebook group. You can join the Facebook group by just finding it on Facebook and asking to join. You can join the Google Group through here:
PDX Tesla