Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone;

I got hit by a drunk driver Last weekend, car has major damages but adjuster said it’s repairable, it will cost around 15k. The person at fault doesn’t have insurance, in this case what can I do about the diminished value? Also, I got the car back in March, and had 5 years warranty, what’s gona happen to my warranty now?

thank you for advance

...had 5 years warranty, what’s gona happen to my warranty now?...

How do get 5 year warranty when it's 4 years or 50,000 miles whichever first?

Warranty does not deal with collisions so Tesla may say it's related to collision and you need to pay instead. In that case, the insurance of the other car needs to pick that tab up.

How do get 5 year warranty when it's 4 years or 50,000 miles whichever first?

Warranty does not deal with collisions so Tesla may say it's related to collision and you need to pay instead. In that case, the insurance of the other car needs to pick that tab up.
Sorry that’s my ignorance, I meant in general what’d happen to my warranty, thanks for the answer

Hello everyone;

I got hit by a drunk driver Last weekend, car has major damages but adjuster said it’s repairable, it will cost around 15k. The person at fault doesn’t have insurance, in this case what can I do about the diminished value? Also, I got the car back in March, and had 5 years warranty, what’s gona happen to my warranty now?

thank you for advance
Sorry to hear about your luck that's terrible but glad you're ok.

Warranty is for manufacturer defect essentially, not if you are in an accident, that's what insurance is for. Your warranty is still valid and in effect for the original contract, you'll lose out on a few weeks while the car is getting repaired but assuming it's repaired by Tesla the warranty will still be valid.

Sorry to hear about your luck that's terrible but glad you're ok.

Warranty is for manufacturer defect essentially, not if you are in an accident, that's what insurance is for. Your warranty is still valid and in effect for the original contract, you'll lose out on a few weeks while the car is getting repaired but assuming it's repaired by Tesla the warranty will still be valid.
Thank you, Tesla certified body shop is repairing the car :/