Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warsaw NC Supercharger shows full on my car screen but wasn’t.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were going to stop at the Warsaw NC supercharger on our way through last week, but our MYP showed all chargers were full so we just stopped at the rest area close by and figured we should be able to make it home without any more charge. It was 30 degrees so I don’t like pushing the envelope below 10 % charge, but we made it home ok. The issue was that as we were driving by on the ramp to I40 it looked like only one car was charging. I assume the chargers were working, at least I hope so as I plan to stop there tomorrow, but has anyone seen a situation where the chargers show full (with a little internet symbol instead of a number) but they aren’t?

We were going to stop at the Warsaw NC supercharger on our way through last week, but our MYP showed all chargers were full so we just stopped at the rest area close by and figured we should be able to make it home without any more charge. It was 30 degrees so I don’t like pushing the envelope below 10 % charge, but we made it home ok. The issue was that as we were driving by on the ramp to I40 it looked like only one car was charging. I assume the chargers were working, at least I hope so as I plan to stop there tomorrow, but has anyone seen a situation where the chargers show full (with a little internet symbol instead of a number) but they aren’t?
The in-car nav is always a bit behind reality at any given supercharger. The situation can change very quickly. I've seen locations go from full to almost empty in just a few minutes or from empty to full. Tesla also knows about who's routing there and may display status based upon what it knows will be happening in the near future.

Sometimes tapping the icon for that location will update the status. In other words, if you have that station mapped as a stopping point, the number shown will be the status when navigation calculated the route. Tapping the icon will update the status.

Here is an example of what I mean, it shows that the stalls are full, but when we drove by 11 of the 12 were empty. Does this mean the whole station isn’t working or just a communication issue?
BB6517E5-E862-4F2E-85E7-9688654E92DD.png

Here is an example of what I mean, it shows that the stalls are full, but when we drove by 11 of the 12 were empty. Does this mean the whole station isn’t working or just a communication issue?
View attachment 888559
I can't say with absolute certainty as I do not work for Tesla. I can say that the symbols shown above usually indicate you should expect a wait. When you tap into one it shows zero available (at least on my phone for superchargers in my area). In the car's nav, it will usually say something like "short wait" or "long wait," but I am not in my car to check what it says right now. Four of the superchargers in the DC area are showing as having a wait time too, which is pretty unusual for our area, but it is Christmas Eve and very cold.

When a specific stall(s) is out of order, the display will usually say the specific stall number(s) that are out of order.

When there is a communication issue, people are starting to see a different symbol that conveys that problem.

So, in short, I don't have a good answer as to what is going on if this screenshot was taken in close time proximity to when you drove by. Did you check all three locations that are showing a wait or just one? .

I was driving through there on Tuesday and had stopped on my way down on Sunday with no issues. I got a No Connection icon for Warsaw on my map and the nav routed me elsewhere. FYI it looked like a no cell service icon with 5 vertical lines with a diagonal line through it.

I got this icon on my car today and had to manually choose in order to precondition. When I got here 2C would not connect. So maybe that is because one station is down? There are 5 of us charging now and we moved to 1D and we’re able to charge. This is a prefect stop for us, but Tesla needs to check on it as something isn’t quite right.
I was driving through there on Tuesday and had stopped on my way down on Sunday with no issues. I got a No Connection icon for Warsaw on my map and the nav routed me elsewhere. FYI it looked like a no cell service icon with 5 vertical lines with a diagonal line through it.
A9E85AF5-603A-4769-8B14-1090D741BE7A.jpeg