Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was Elon tearing up as he thanked customers in the beginning of the Q3 webcast?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else get the impression that Elon was getting emotional as he thanked customers that volunteered to help at stores at the end of Q3?

It seemed like he was genuinely touched by that.

Now I cannot take any credit there. I wasn’t one of those volunteers. That was instead the weekend I went to the showroom to take a test drive and left with an order placed.

That was the moment I joined ya’ll, and was just starting to realize being a Tesla owner is a community thing, not a consumer thing.

And honestly hearing Elon in that webcast really made an impression on me about not just Tesla, but also the people getting the cars.

My distribution center is quite a ways away, so it wasn't that practical for me to help. But, do give people all the info they want about my M3 and Tesla in general. I guess you could say I'm a Tesla "evangelist." And, NO, I don't go door to door! :)

What I find interesting is how worried people are about how and where to charge and how long it takes even when the car goes 300 miles on charge. They just can't wrap their heads around the idea that you always have a full charge when you leave home everyday if that's what you want. They think I run the car down to nearly zero then charge it just like you would do with a gas car.

Last edited:
I was a volunteer and, yes, it truly sounded like he was genuinely touched. I love that guy.
Yes, he did sound emotional during that part of the earnings conference call.

He was also right about how it was amazing that people volunteered to help hand out cars. I've never heard of anyone trying to help a major corporation succeed like that either. Sure, a neighborhood Mom and Pop shop, but a multi-billion dollar international corporation, never.

My distribution center is quite a ways away, so it wasn't that practical for me to help. But, do give people all the info they want about my M3 and Tesla in general. I guess you could say I'm a Tesla "evangelist." And, NO, I don't go door to door! :)

What I find interesting is how worried people are about how and where to charge and how long it takes even when the car goes 300 miles on charge. They just can't wrap their heads around the idea that you always have a full charge when you leave home everyday if that's what you want. They think I run the car down to nearly zero then charge it just like you would do with a gas car.

Exactly. A couple times in speaking with people they've been genuinely surprised when I tell them external charging isn't an issue for me, as I've never used a supercharger in the 5 months I've owned the car. Then you explain the range, and they begin to get their head around things a bit better...