Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was told no more attendants

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just told that Tesla will remove all of the supercharger attendants at the ultra crowded chargers across the US on Wednesday. I really appreciate that Tesla was able to offer this service and all the attendants that I ran into were awesome and very helpful. Moving forward we need to be courteous all the other Tesla owners out there!

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
I was just told that Tesla will remove all of the supercharger attendants at the ultra crowded chargers across the US on Wednesday. I really appreciate that Tesla was able to offer this service and all the attendants that I ran into were awesome and very helpful. Moving forward we need to be courteous all the other Tesla owners out there!

I never did get the logic of having attendants. I mean, if it were a full valet service where they would park your car afterwards and you could go see a movie, then maybe it would be useful, but otherwise, I figure that every attendant's salary probably translates to anywhere from two to four fewer supercharger stalls per year that they couldn't build. I'd rather them add two to four stalls at all of those superchargers every year, and make them be less busy.

Reactions: Leeclanual
Maybe it means that Tesla is "close" to rolling out a software solution to the issue? They could do something for cars that arrive on location to be able to queue electronically with an in-car or phone push notification that you're next. However, unless they are also able to block cars from "skipping the line", e.g. by not providing electricity from the supercharger unless it's the expected car, then I'm not sure how successful it would be.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911