Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water collecting in doors.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Water seems to be getting trapped inside the doors of my model Y. When I roll down and back up my widows there is water on them days after it rains. Attached is a pic of one of the windows two days after it rained.

upload_2020-11-26_9-49-32.jpeg

I can’t imagine this is normal and it cannot be good for water to be sitting inside the doors for so long. Has anyone else had any issues similar to this? I’m trying to figure out if it’s a design flaw or an assembly issue related to my vehicle.

I already have my second service appointment scheduled for next week. That was made the day I took delivery. Came with a deep scratch on one of the doors and one badly aligned door. On my sixth day of ownership, the car kept thinking the door was opened when it wasn’t. The car had spent a few hours in the rain. Couldn’t lock my car or fully close the window. After service had it for 5 days unable to find the issue, I found instances of it on this site and sent them to service. They found a harness installed incorrectly as mentioned in the posts. For my first two weeks of ownership, they had my car as long as I did. Really regretting buying this car now. The build quality is really poor.

Reactions: Hrtme