Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water Intrusion in Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I've had a very smooth 2.5 months with my Y (64XXX VIN), I've noticed that after a heavy rain or using the self-serve car wash, my frunk has a noticeable amount of water in it. I haven't kept anything stored in there and it's easy to wipe the water up with towels, but it still feels like it shouldn't happen. I don't feel like making a service appointment for this one thing - and I don't see the option for them to send service to me (even though I'm about 60 miles from the nearest SC). Just curious if there's anybody else having this issue (and if so, if it's just a matter of adjusting a seal, etc.)?

I just took delivery of a MYLR June 9th. Today was the first day that it hasn't rained so I decided to wash and ceramic spray the car. After finishing I was showing the car I popped the frunk and was surprised to see condensation everywhere. Does anyone have similar problems? I'm thinking about getting a sealing kit

Reactions: shannonc13
Water here is ok because it is not sealed. Water in the plastic tub is not ok because that area is sealed. You can see the seal around the rim of the tub which matches up with the seal on the frunk hatch.

Attachments

• 114E6CC6-39A7-490C-B037-53EB143C1AB0.jpeg
    114E6CC6-39A7-490C-B037-53EB143C1AB0.jpeg
    404.9 KB · Views: 1,533
Water here is ok because it is not sealed. Water in the plastic tub is not ok because that area is sealed. You can see the seal around the rim of the tub which matches up with the seal on the frunk hatch.
I exactly have a same issue with my 2023 LR Model Y. Did you try to get it fixed?

Attachments

• IMG_0731.jpeg
    IMG_0731.jpeg
    602.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0730.jpeg
    IMG_0730.jpeg
    755.2 KB · Views: 87