Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water Pooling in Bottom Trunk Compartment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The service guy thinks it might have happened pre-delivery, which is a good thing. No need to worry for the rest of the folks, but also a need to worry about leaving your trunk open in the rain. I will be buying an All-weather mat ASAP. Any recommendations?

The "official" ones are here: Model 3 All-Weather Cargo Mats

Should be noted that Weathertech makes the "official" Model 3 trunk (and frunk?) mat. I know this because the box mine arrived in had Weathertech-related shipping labels. The official one comes with Model 3 badging whereas if you buy from Weathertech it will have the WT logo. I'm not sure if there is a price difference.

Haven't yet gotten to experience pouring rain with the mat but it fits well and looks like it will do a good job protecting the interior from water pouring off the rear glass.

Definitely take it into service. The day I got mine I drove home in a rainstorm. Got water in the trunk. Called the SC and they said they knew what to do and fixed it in a day. In my case, the weather stripping had a mold (shape, not fungus) issue where a seam was left at the top side, creating a small opportunity for water to ingress. The seal that was replaced had no such issues ever since.
Interesting. Can you post a photo to show the area of the trunk lid seal where your car had a gap?

Did you check your wheel wells for possible entry? The pictures on my M3awd indicates that there should be something covering those holes. I am going to take it in for several other things, this is one of them.

Not to hijack your thread, but does anyone else have these holes uncovered or are yours covered?
Left Rear wheel well.jpg
Right Rear Wheel Well.jpg

Did you check your wheel wells for possible entry? The pictures on my M3awd indicates that there should be something covering those holes. I am going to take it in for several other things, this is one of them.

Not to hijack your thread, but does anyone else have these holes uncovered or are yours covered? View attachment 340788 View attachment 340789
One of those holes has a clip on mine

Not to hijack your thread, but does anyone else have these holes uncovered or are yours covered? View attachment 340788 View attachment 340789

Mine is missing the clips as well; front and back wheel wall has holes (where it should have plastic clips). Not sure why they're not in place. Same goes for a few locations; under the rear-seat.

When I took mine to the SC last week they said that they should’ve been covered and will make sure they’re covered.

• Informative
Reactions: Shizzrock