Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water stain on mirror borders and car wax suggestion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! I got my new M3LR 2024 around a month ago and I handwash it for the first time today. I was able to remove water stain on the door with a vinegar solution but it still remains on both mirror border (plastic I guess?). Any ideas how to remove those?

Otherwise, do you have a suggestion for the car wax; I wonder if aluminum parts can be waxed?

Thanks!

1717286529161.png

Attachments

• water-line.jpg
    water-line.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 5
If the vinegar solution didn't do it, try the vinegar plus baking soda method in this article:

If that doesn't work, then perhaps the streaks are not actually caused by water? If there is a chance it could be some other substance, then I suggest trying an all purpose cleaner such as either Simple Green or Optimum Power Clean.

As for a recommendation for protection, I recommend a ceramic spray sealant or a ceramic coating. Car waxes can sometimes stain black or plastic trim. Ceramic spray sealants won't cause any such issues and can be applied to pretty much any hard exterior surface.

My favorite ceramic spray sealant is Armour Detail Supply Ceramic Sealant:

Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Sealant and Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax are also solid choices that are often carried at your local retailer.

Good luck,
Joe

Never used a ceramic sealant before, it's just spray and clean out?

Ceramic spray sealants are super easy to apply. Frist, wash and clean the surface you want to protect. Then to apply the ceramic spray sealant, just spray one or two sprays onto the panel and then wipe it off with a clean, soft microfiber towel. If you want more control, spray the sealant onto an applicator pad, spread it evenly on the surface, then wipe off with a clean soft microfiber towel.

Just make sure the surface is clean and cool (not in direct sunlight).