Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waxing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I got my MX, it was (and still is) unbelievably good looking for a 3+ year old car. The paint job (red) is phenomenal. What product do you folks apply after a wash to keep the surface looking new and shiny and most importantly, protect the paint job from sun, wind and other damaging factors? I've heard about the spray and wipe stuff (no buffing), but wondering what is a) the best for the car, regardless of elbow grease required, and b) the easiest/quickest/least time consuming?

I've been using Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax. Wash car, spray on while wet, hose off, blow or wipe dry, done.

Looks great and is really slick. They claim it lasts Months, real world times are less but with the very low effort needed, I'm good with it.

If you’re getting a MX I highly recommend ceramic coating or PPF.
Applied meguitar ceramic wax On my MX today, feels pretty shine. See how long it can last.

did you apply the wax on the roof glasses or any glasses surface too? My fist time do this myself...

Attachments

• 70D1EC47-3016-4730-A75D-3B29242138FB.jpeg
    70D1EC47-3016-4730-A75D-3B29242138FB.jpeg
    589.7 KB · Views: 207
  • DC98AF65-2C3C-4C3B-B9D0-BFDF7F2C478D.jpeg
    DC98AF65-2C3C-4C3B-B9D0-BFDF7F2C478D.jpeg
    556.9 KB · Views: 99
If people would quit washing the wax off, they wouldn't have to get all soft and mushy over which wax is best. Hey, folks. It's all carnuba. Different perfumes, water amounts, dyes, maybe.

But again, just use cold water rinse, wipe gently (we use diapers), and the wax is still there!! Amazing! Then every few months, use some good spray wax (turtle wax or something cheap) and build it up again, usually mainly on the places where the dirt builds up. Been using this method for ten plus years (On Teslas -- before that, fifty years of Toyotas) and the cars always look great.

Saves a lot of time, money, work, and silliness about how many buckets, what kind of soap, hot, warm or cold water, etc., etc., etc.

I can second the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic wax. I put a PPF on and this stuff really works and is so easy to apply. I use the Aero Wash wax to clean up in between but the Meguiars really adds a shine.

And i’ll third it. We reapply every two months and with this stuff it’s super easy. Once a week I use a maguires detailer as well...or when needed

Reactions: BitJam and Hwood