Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WeatherTech or Tesla brand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just purchased a Model 3 ( 30 minutes ago) YAY! I want to get some good floor mats and I think I am going with the 3D Maxspider. I found them on Amazon, but it says they won't fit my model 3 year that they are 2018-2019. However, I can't find any 2020 or maybe my Model 3 is 2021? Does anyone know where I can find the correct ones?

I just installed the Tesmanian mats in my new Model Y. They arrived a week before the car did so they sat in their box for a while.
The two larger mats (rear footwells, trunk) were folded to fit in the box. Despite the instructions in the box saying to lay them flat for 24 hours before installation, I let them sit flat for about 10 minutes, saw no remaining folds or bends, and installed them immediately. The fit is pretty much perfect.

I had the first-generation Tesla branded mats (manufactured by MacNeil - Weathertech) in my Model S. Here is a comparison:

FIT: no comparison. The Tesla front mats were perfect, which is good as I don't need any tangling in the pedals TYVM. But the rear mats hung up on the seat wells and even the side trim at the edge of the carpet. The Tesla trunk mat was just off by about a half inch and developed a permanent crease. The Tesmanian mats all fit perfectly with no more than 1/8" gap anywhere and no folds or creases.

MATERIAL: The Tesla (Weathertech) mats are made of a somewhat more rubbery material and have a slightly grippier texture. I suspect I'll have to take a little care things don't slide around in the trunk with the Tesmanian mats in place. However, neither mats felt slippery underfoot, and I consider the Tesmanian material plenty good while the Tesla (Weathertech) material is... somewhat better.

PRICE: Obvious. The Tesmanian mats are about a third the price of the Tesla OEM mats (are these still made by MacNeil?), and also quite a bit cheaper than the Weathertech-branded mats.

DONATING YOUR MONEY TO DONALD TRUMP: MacNeil's a big Trump donor. If this is a plus for you, this is a reason to buy Weathertech or other MacNeil-manufactured products. If you can live without this, I believe Tesmanian is a superior choice all-around.

I ordered the Tesla mats 20 days ago. There is no indication when they might ship, and I contacted them 10 days ago to find out, but I received no response.
If you want all weather mats for this winter, make sure you find out the delivery time first.

I don't like the look of Maxpider and Tuxmats

I love the look of Tesla.

I don't see front mats from WeatherTech on their website.
Have you seen the new Elitect style from 3D Mats

Attachments

• 45F9A8E7-0B20-4C2C-BEAD-8047DB6F769B.jpeg
    45F9A8E7-0B20-4C2C-BEAD-8047DB6F769B.jpeg
    441 KB · Views: 99