Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird behavior thunderstorms?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone notice weird issues in heavy rain thunderstorm? At least in open fields possibly heavier than usual electro magnetism?

Had a weird instance driving in open country receiving a national emergency warning about tornados storms.

Then the car kept complaining about the rear door being open and rolling down the rear window like when you actually open the door….

Auto pilot just kept crapping out which is understandable due to the severe weather visibility issues.

But the door thing was messed up

Anyway notice weird issues like the above?

• Informative
Reactions: DocHolliday
Had a weird instance driving in open country receiving a national emergency warning about tornados storms.
Then the car kept complaining about the rear door being open and rolling down the rear window like when you actually open the door….
Anyway notice weird issues like the above?

Nope, nothing like that here.
And I live and drive through thunderstorms (of which there are plenty over the last two weeks) in your neck of the woods.

Auto pilot just kept crapping out which is understandable due to the severe weather visibility issues.

Yeah, that's "normal" for a Tesla.
Alas, I don't have the same problem with AP-like features during the rain in my other cars.

HTH,
a

So narrowed down phantom door open message basically the door is closed but shows open when there is heavy rain or high pressure car washes…

Not sure what is happening maybe the door handle isn’t sealed correctly? And water is shorting something?

It after that I have to drive around for a good amount before the door open message goes away and the window rolls back up.

I’m assuming something is drying during this time.

Anyone experience this? Or something similar? What’s the fix? Something simple or replace the whole door?