Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird EOQ mess that worked out in the end

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So on 6/27 we called tesla sales to ask about a used 2019 MX with aroung 10k miles on it and but our sales guy convinced us to get a brand new car instead, since the price difference wasn't much and our apr would be lower so it was a no brainer. He found a car with ours specs in inventory right away so we placed an order and made the downpayment on 6/28 and we were told that it would be delivered 6/30. 6/30 no texts or emails... we kept calling them and the response was always dont worry you will get receive it today or you're scheduled. 2 days and 100 phonecalls went by and now no one can guarantee us our unlimited supercharging. 7/2 and we finally get a text that our car is ready for pickup but we have to re-sign our contract and pay our remaining "balance". So now out of nowhere we owe them $430 because according to them the taxes went up from june to july since the car wasn't delivered in June. So on that day i was on the phone for hours telling them its not our fault they couldn't deliver. After hours of arguing they finally gave in. We get to keep the free unlimited Supercharging, we still ended up paying for the $430 but to compensate for it my sales guy gave us a brand new wall charger ($500 +taxes). Now i have a beautiful 2020 MX LR+

So on 6/27 we called tesla sales to ask about a used 2019 MX with aroung 10k miles on it and but our sales guy convinced us to get a brand new car instead, since the price difference wasn't much and our apr would be lower so it was a no brainer. He found a car with ours specs in inventory right away so we placed an order and made the downpayment on 6/28 and we were told that it would be delivered 6/30. 6/30 no texts or emails... we kept calling them and the response was always dont worry you will get receive it today or you're scheduled. 2 days and 100 phonecalls went by and now no one can guarantee us our unlimited supercharging. 7/2 and we finally get a text that our car is ready for pickup but we have to re-sign our contract and pay our remaining "balance". So now out of nowhere we owe them $430 because according to them the taxes went up from june to july since the car wasn't delivered in June. So on that day i was on the phone for hours telling them its not our fault they couldn't deliver. After hours of arguing they finally gave in. We get to keep the free unlimited Supercharging, we still ended up paying for the $430 but to compensate for it my sales guy gave us a brand new wall charger ($500 +taxes). Now i have a beautiful 2020 MX LR+

Glad to hear it worked out, but disappointing that you had to put so much work into it. Just goes to show you that -

1) avoid taking deliver at EOQ
2) put up a fight