Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flawless Delivery 2024 Model S w/ FSD and USC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today of our 2024 Model S and I've got to say the experience was great! No gaps, dings, dents, rips or tears. We were transferring both FSD and Free Unlimited Super Charging from our trade (2018 MX). Once we looked over the car and made our final payment in the app, FSD and Unlimited Free Super Charging were transferred immediately! Tesla also gave us the highest trade-in amount compared to Carmax and Carvana. Shout out to Tesla and the Owens Mills, Md. Service Center! Giving props where props are due!

Took delivery today of our 2024 Model S and I've got to say the experience was great! No gaps, dings, dents, rips or tears. We were transferring both FSD and Free Unlimited Super Charging from our trade (2018 MX). Once we looked over the car and made our final payment in the app, FSD and Unlimited Free Super Charging were transferred immediately! Tesla also gave us the highest trade-in amount compared to Carmax and Carvana. Shout out to Tesla and the Owens Mills, Md. Service Center! Giving props where props are due!
Did you have to let them know ahead of time that you intended to transfer your supercharging?

We had a similar experience last Sunday when we took delivery of our MSP in Camarillo, CA. The people at the Camarillo store are great and we were in and out of there in about 20 minutes.

We did not have FSD or supercharging to transfer over but all of my profile settings from our MYP moved over immediately when the car was added to our account. That was about 15 seconds after I clicked to pay for the car via the Tesla app. Impressive.

Tesla ain’t perfect but they are really getting their act together in a lot of areas. I dread the thought of ever having to buy another car at a traditional dealership.

Similar experience.

DD Mar 3rd. MSLR, UR, 19", black with a wheel.

Car is perfect.
Trading value was highest at tesla.
Trading it in was a piece of cake.

Only issue was the Service center girl was afraid of the rain and just disappeared. I had the keys to both cars and was like "am I done? What do I do with the keys?" Eventually we just left the keys to the trade-in on the table and left.

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne
After having the new car for a couple weeks and being able to detail it (you know how dirty new cars can be) I have found only one minor flaw in the paint. And I mean minor - I can barely find it again. Otherwise the car is excellent. The build quality is so much better than our earlier Teslas. The quality of the interior is especially nice.

Trade in value being highest at Tesla seems crazy! All 3 Teslas I've sold to date (including just 2 months ago) had significantly higher offers by both local dealerships and GiveMeTheVIN, Carvana, etc than what Tesla itself offered.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Trade in value being highest at Tesla seems crazy! All 3 Teslas I've sold to date (including just 2 months ago) had significantly higher offers by both local dealerships and GiveMeTheVIN, Carvana, etc than what Tesla itself offered.
I’m trading in my Model Y to Tesla this coming weekend for a new Model S and they have offered the highest price. And when I factor in tax savings in my state by trading in to the “dealer” it becomes even better.

Tesla also offered the highest a few years when I traded in a Model 3.

I’m trading in my Model Y to Tesla this coming weekend for a new Model S and they have offered the highest price. And when I factor in tax savings in my state by trading in to the “dealer” it becomes even better.

Tesla lowered my trade in from $25k to $19K. Going private at this point. 2020 M3P w/40k miles

I’m transferring FSD from my M3 to 2024 MS. I’m lucky enough to have 12.3. Will I get that on the S after the transfer?
No, you will not. The car at delivery will have a newer version (2024.2.7 or later) of firmware than what FSD 12.3 is included in (2023.44.30.x). This means that you cannot get 12.3 until it is present in a version of firmware that is later than what you currently have installed on the vehicle (i.e. the car will only install newer versions).

Well Texas protects its dealers.....so the dealer takes that right from you. Typically I can sell and make a bit more on the private side but I still have deal with going to the tax office and paying those taxes. This week I am picking up two Y's and trading in two 3's, when I mentioned to the service person there that I could only see 2 performance Ys at League City, he corrected me and said nope only 1 left a gray one, I said I would have loved to get it but thought I should get more for my trade, (its end of quarter and a big push on Y's) so he said let me check to see what I can do, well I am now picking up a gray performance with white interior tomorrow.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
After having the new car for a couple weeks and being able to detail it (you know how dirty new cars can be) I have found only one minor flaw in the paint. And I mean minor - I can barely find it again. Otherwise the car is excellent. The build quality is so much better than our earlier Teslas. The quality of the interior is especially nice.
Dirty new cars? Why is that? When we got ours it was only dirty from outside but they cleaned it thoroughly before handing over to us but interior was squeaky clean.

Also, I see lot of posts on the forum people buying multiple Teslas or trading in matter of 3-4 years. I am curious about that. I plan on keeping mine till … well until I die or car dies.

Reactions: ck1891