Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't access Gateway 2 through network?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got my additional Powerwalls installed last week (yay!). They also replaced my original gateway with the new Gateway 2 and the tech added it to my local router network. I can control the Gateway fine in the app, but with Gateway One there was an option to stop the system, which I don't see on the app. I tried connecting directly to the Gateway via IP (got the address from my router's DHCP list) but it times out?

I need the ability to turn off the system on days when my line voltage drops because it causes the Powerwalls and solar to continuously cycle. Any idea on how I would do that?

In a terminal try running ping 192.168... (replace the ip address) to make sure the gateway is accessible. If not, try rebooting your router, I've seen that help sometimes. Confirm the DHCP ip address after rebooting the router.

If none of that works, you can connect directly to the gateway using the TEG wifi network. Easiest way is to scan the QR code behind the gateway door. Then navigate to https://192.168.91.1 in a web browser and proceed with login.

If that doesn't work either, the gateway might be in a bad state and you can try resetting it.

Once you're connected to the gateway, note that the login page is a bit hidden. You have to ignore the Tesla Pros app prompt, scroll all the way down and click Upgrade Later. Then log in as "customer" using your email and the last 5 letters of the gateway password (printed on the label).