Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird issue saving Dashcam/Sentry clips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In early March, I took the microSD card out to grab some footage; since then, I noticed no new Sentry/Dashcam clips are being saved.

• Dashcam is set to record while driving, and it does record the current/last drive just fine (the rolling 1 hour recording it does). If I honk the horn or press the dashcam icon to save a clip, the icon indicates the footage was successfully saved. When I park the car and review the footage, the dashcam clip is not missing. Tried this over multiple drives and see the issue every time.
  • I haven’t had any sentry events recorded since March 4th. When I walk away from the car, the Tesla app indicates that sentry mode is enabled, and I can view the cameras remotely.

I have held off on formatting the microSD card because I don’t want to lose the footage (I suppose I can copy the footage back after formatting tho). It is odd that the car is totally fine with recording and saving the “normal dashcam footage”, but won’t save the footage for the events I trigger.

We have reinserted the microSD card and rebooted the car. Any thoughts on what I should try next?