Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird material wrinkling driver's side door - no warrantee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Weird material wrinkling driver's side door - no warrantee​

Hi everyone,

Anyone ever seen anything like whats happening to my door pull? I bought this car in march of 2022 and I sent them pics and they said "not covered" without telling me why. I dont rest my hand on it when driving or anything like that so I dont understand why its doing that. Also its starting to split as you can just make out in the close up pic. I dont see anything like this on any other part of the interior. When I feel it with my finger the material feels paper thin but maybe its that thin everywhere I dont know. Im at a loss to understand why its happening.

EDIT They just got back to me telling me whatever "solution" I applied to it is what caused it. I said "ok, if it's something I used to wipe the car down then why isnt the rest of the door handle affected? Why would this be the ONLY spot in the car where this is happening if its something i used to wipe the car with?" All he said was someone will call me but I suspect that will only lead to more frustration with them. I almost feel like the oils in my hand caused it.. i only grab that part to close the door... I dunno.. its weird.

Attachments

• 20230727_153301.jpg
    20230727_153301.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot_20230728_140814_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20230728_140814_WhatsApp.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 54