Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird question about back glass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am wondering if someone can provide insight into this. It’s a strange thing I noticed on the back glass of my 2021 model Y. I live in Seattle and do not get too much sun. Over the weekend it was very sunny and when the sun hit the back glass at a specific angle, I noticed someone had handwritten something on my glass. See photos. I went to clean both inside and out but the marks never disappeared. I even used rubbing alcohol thinking someone had used some type of marker. The writing can only be seen from inside the vehicle when the light hits it right. At other times it cannot be seen. From the outside it looks normal. After trying to clean it without success , it occurred to me that this writing is inside between the two glass panels. Has anyone seen this before? This is not a joke. It’s an enigma.

Attachments

• 1D54A6CB-8DAF-49EE-89D5-9FD550929FDA.jpeg
    1D54A6CB-8DAF-49EE-89D5-9FD550929FDA.jpeg
    335.5 KB · Views: 427
  • 45DFA2B0-391F-4C9D-89DA-9EFF8E9982AD.jpeg
    45DFA2B0-391F-4C9D-89DA-9EFF8E9982AD.jpeg
    471.3 KB · Views: 115
  • D26FAFE8-C93D-4B0C-9183-A9D707ED7E2B.jpeg
    D26FAFE8-C93D-4B0C-9183-A9D707ED7E2B.jpeg
    426.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 99E80757-5136-4B6A-BA94-54E35EE0AE66.jpeg
    99E80757-5136-4B6A-BA94-54E35EE0AE66.jpeg
    415.2 KB · Views: 109
Can you make out the words? It looks reversed, like it was written from the outside. I flipped one of the images to try to read it. The lower left word looks like "Jorge," and the upper right phrase looks like "united services." I cannot make out the three letters in the upper left box.

Upvote 0
Can you make out the words? It looks reversed, like it was written from the outside. I flipped one of the images to try to read it. The lower left word looks like "Jorge," and the upper right phrase looks like "united services." I cannot make out the three letters in the upper left box.
Ha. Yes it says Jorge and United services. The words were written on the outside. Please note I’m not making this up. I am trying to figure it out.

Upvote 0
Ha. Yes it says Jorge and United services. The words were written on the outside. Please note I’m not making this up. I am trying to figure it out.
May have been written before you took delivery, when it was transported to the PNW. Car carrier/transporter or what not. Try using a vinegar (acid-like) solution and slowly rub it out. Sometimes hard water may have been “baked” into the previous marker writings and that’s what you’re seeing… hope that makes sense and good luck!

• Informative
Reactions: Thp3
Upvote 0
May have been written before you took delivery, when it was transported to the PNW. Car carrier/transporter or what not. Try using a vinegar (acid-like) solution and slowly rub it out. Sometimes hard water may have been “baked” into the previous marker writings and that’s what you’re seeing… hope that makes sense and good luck!
I will try that. Thank u

Upvote 0