Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West Coast Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
San Diego, CA
Blue SR+, rwd, black interior

8/8: Ordered
8/10: 4 - 7 Week Text
8/25: 2 - 4 Week Text
9/9: 1 -2 Week Text
9/17: 4 - 11 Days Text
9/18: Pickup Scheduled Text / VIN Assigned / MVPA generated

Vehicle scheduled for pickup on 9/20 in Carlsbad, but I called and there's a possibility the car will be available tomorrow 9/19

San Diego, CA
Blue SR+, rwd, black interior

8/8: Ordered
8/10: 4 - 7 Week Text
8/25: 2 - 4 Week Text
9/9: 1 -2 Week Text
9/17: 4 - 11 Days Text
9/18: Pickup Scheduled Text / VIN Assigned / MVPA generated

Vehicle scheduled for pickup on 9/20 in Carlsbad, but I called and there's a possibility the car will be available tomorrow 9/19

Congrats!
I ordered 2 weeks after yours. Picking up at the same location. Hope to get a good news soon.

Just wondering. If you haven’t been assigned a VIN yet does that mean your car hasn’t yet been made yet? I got the 7-13 days text yesterday and still no VIN.

You’re not alone. Received 3-8 day text yesterday. Still no delivery text. No VIN. Still says 4-8 weeks from order date in my account. Order date 7/12/20. Still no email reply from my SA from 3 weeks ago. Being patient as I can..

Reactions: RedWhite19
You’re not alone. Received 3-8 day text yesterday. Still no delivery text. No VIN. Still says 4-8 weeks from order date in my account. Order date 7/12/20. Still no email reply from my SA from 3 weeks ago. Being patient as I can..

I’m in the same boat too. Ordered a little later on 8/4. Received the 7-13 day text and nothing since. Hopefully they are pumping out quality vehicles as quickly as possible but I go back and forth from being patient to frustrated. The timelines are clearly driven by logistical delivery but even then anomalies make it hard to explain. I guess we just have to hang in there a few more days...

Okay just got my schedule delivery text for this Monday or Tuesday. None of the times worked so they moved it to tomorrow at 5pm in Sherman Oaks. They said car should arrive from fremont today and otherwise I'll be good to go for tomorrow. Things seemed to move quick right at the end.

Ordered August 3rd in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Modified order (changed interior) on 8/7
Received first text saying 4-6 weeks on 8/19
Received second text saying 2-4 weeks on 9/2
Received third text saying 3-8 days 9/17

Model 3 SR+ white, white interior, aero wheels, $100 down, paying cash.
As of today, no VIN
Saw a truck in Redlands, CA full of them this morning.

Attachments

• 6B5E9ACE-F9F4-4288-987D-FD50A000A5D5.jpeg
    6B5E9ACE-F9F4-4288-987D-FD50A000A5D5.jpeg
    250 KB · Views: 72
Anyone ever get their VIN and pickup text sent to them on the weekend? Just curious because today marks 10 days until the end of the month. I’m looking forward to finally getting the car and not having to be on pins and needles waiting for communication.

Anyone ever get their VIN and pickup text sent to them on the weekend? Just curious because today marks 10 days until the end of the month. I’m looking forward to finally getting the car and not having to be on pins and needles waiting for communication.
Yup, got both yesterday. Pickup set for today. The schedule times offered initially were awful so they pushed it to today.

Yup, got both yesterday. Pickup set for today. The schedule times offered initially were awful so they pushed it to today.

That’s encouraging. I’m already over an hour from the pickup location (2+ on a commute day) and would love to at least have some notice to plan accordingly and adjust my work schedule. However, it looks like the end of the quarter rush will determine how this goes. Good luck with your pickup today! Congratulations!

That’s encouraging. I’m already over an hour from the pickup location (2+ on a commute day) and would love to at least have some notice to plan accordingly and adjust my work schedule. However, it looks like the end of the quarter rush will determine how this goes. Good luck with your pickup today! Congratulations!
Basically they send you a text and say you need to schedule by the afternoon. They offered really crappy times but they seem to be willing to work with you. At first they told me they would have to unmatch me from my vin though

Basically they send you a text and say you need to schedule by the afternoon. They offered really crappy times but they seem to be willing to work with you. At first they told me they would have to unmatch me from my vin though

That’s what I was afraid of. I emailed my SA this morning to see if he could give me any ballpark estimate in the next 10 days. He said that the cars are all in “pre-production” state but will be delivered in the last week of September. When pressed on whether that was this week or next, he said both. I’m just trying to clear my work schedule so I can drive the 1hr+ for whatever pick up time they give me. A rough estimate would be helpful. I know I’m not the only one in this position. Hopefully I won’t have to worry about this in 10 days.

That’s what I was afraid of. I emailed my SA this morning to see if he could give me any ballpark estimate in the next 10 days. He said that the cars are all in “pre-production” state but will be delivered in the last week of September. When pressed on whether that was this week or next, he said both. I’m just trying to clear my work schedule so I can drive the 1hr+ for whatever pick up time they give me. A rough estimate would be helpful. I know I’m not the only one in this position. Hopefully I won’t have to worry about this in 10 days.

We’re in the same boat. 8/11 order, no VIN, only two texts since. It seems those of us have gotten limited contact are getting our car’s last. And it is ridiculous that they can’t give you a date. They can drop it onto you and have 3 days to decide. If not? Well, you snooze, you lose, back of the line you go!