Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West Coast Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was bored and started extrapolating different averages via the Order Tracking spreadsheet.
  • Orders placed in CA in October 2019, on average, took 50 days to receive a VIN and 54 days to deliver
  • Thus far this year, the average is about ~45 days with ~35% of October orders delivered (tried to account for erroneous date entries).
  • Proportionally, most cars delivered/approaching delivery so far have been Performance (very small sample size of 5, with about 3/5 having a VIN), followed by LR AWD (about 7 out of 16), with many SR+'s still remaining to be assigned VIN's.

by your math, I shall have my VIN in two days. I like your math..... I’m holding you to it!

• Funny
Reactions: adregia
Was bored and started extrapolating different averages via the Order Tracking spreadsheet.
  • Orders placed in CA in October 2019, on average, took 50 days to receive a VIN and 54 days to deliver.
  • Thus far this year, the average is about ~45 days with ~35% of October orders delivered (tried to account for erroneous date entries).
  • Proportionally, most cars delivered/approaching delivery so far have been Performance (very small sample size of 5, with about 3/5 having a VIN), followed by LR AWD (about 7 out of 16), with many SR+'s still remaining to be assigned VIN's.

I wish this was applicable to me. Ordered on 10/3 which means it's been 67 days so far. No VIN, no delivery date.

Also worth noting. That $1500 CA Clean air vehicle rebate that was announced last week...... I was under the impression I would have to apply for it. I was pleasantly surprised to see that $1500 was taken off my down payment.

Elon recently sent an email to employees about the S and X lines shutting down for a few weeks and that everyone was encouraged to up production if they could or saw bottlenecks that could be improved. Also said employees on those lines could be temporarily reassigned to help out if they wished on the Model 3/Y lines and/or were encouraged to help out with year end delivery push.

That year end push will be for West Coast orders as cars in the process can still be built and then delivered to West Coast delivery centers in only a few days in the coming weeks. I think having seen how end of quarter/YE goes, anyone they can get a car to will get one in 2020. I expect to catch a few filled car carriers on 101 headed south like in the past very soon. Sometime its even a Tesla caravan of carriers. Hopefully no snow/ice storms on the Grapevine like last year with roads impassible and closed which ended up causing a few days of delay for some southern California owners in getting their cars...and headaches for the delivery centers waiting for them to arrive. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

I wonder if they will try another huge factory delivery event like last year for those in the area of the factory. Hundreds of cars delivered prior to and on New Years Eve night — long lines and some glitches with the computers with DMV I think so not everyone was able to make the 12/31 midnight deadline. Elon and his mom showed up for a bit as I recall. Tesla only gets to book sales when the cars are in customers hands so it really can be a few hectic weeks and long days for employees.

Last edited: