Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s in your car cleaning Arsenal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I figured I’d see what everyone here liked to use.
im really liking the highly affordable turtle wax line ATM. The hybrid ceramics/seal n shine etc.
The wet wax is an awesome drying aid/topper.
The best tire shine I have found is the superior COVER ALL. It’s Last the longest, Shines the best very minimal sling.

A lot of products from Adams and CarPro

Car is ceramic coated using Adams Paint Coating, maintained using Adams CS3, Adams Ceramic Boost or Adams Graphene Detail Spray. Washing is done using Adams Car Shampoo or Adams Mega Foam in a foam cannon. Windows I use CarPro Clarify, cleaning tires I use Adams Tire/Rubber cleaner and for plastic/tire dressing I use CarPro Pearl. Interior is Adams Interior Detailer or Nextzett cockpit premium depending on my mood

A lot of products from Adams and CarPro

Car is ceramic coated using Adams Paint Coating, maintained using Adams CS3, Adams Ceramic Boost or Adams Graphene Detail Spray. Washing is done using Adams Car Shampoo or Adams Mega Foam in a foam cannon. Windows I use CarPro Clarify, cleaning tires I use Adams Tire/Rubber cleaner and for plastic/tire dressing I use CarPro Pearl. Interior is Adams Interior Detailer or Nextzett cockpit premium depending on my mood
Nice list .. I’ve been wanting to try the Adam’s car shampoo. And their new graphene spray coating. Do u prefer the ceramic boost or graphene? Pro/con of each please.

Nice list .. I’ve been wanting to try the Adam’s car shampoo. And their new graphene spray coating. Do u prefer the ceramic boost or graphene? Pro/con of each please.

I love the regular car shampoo but mega foam is becoming a favorite in my foam cannon and even wash bucket.

Ceramic Boost is more of a monthly maintenance product for the coating, it can be a bit of a pain to work with due to streaking and high spots.

Graphene detail spray is like a ceramic infused version of the regular detail spray, I love it for light dust removal and cleaning up drips after drying etc.

I also have the Graphene Spray Coating that I used on my wife's Escape. It was super easy and fast to work with compared to the regular paint coating that's on my Tesla.

Hey guys, I figured I’d see what everyone here liked to use.
im really liking the highly affordable turtle wax line ATM. The hybrid ceramics/seal n shine etc.
The wet wax is an awesome drying aid/topper.
The best tire shine I have found is the superior COVER ALL. It’s Last the longest, Shines the best very minimal sling.

In terms of value, you can't beat the Turtle Wax hybrid line of products. They are awesome, especially for the price.

My current favorite spray sealant is Xtreme Solutions Poly-seal. It is a ceramic spray sealant that also has carnauba for extra gloss. IMO, it provides more gloss than Turtle Wax Seal and Shine:

https://877askxtreme.com/product/poly-seal-hybrid-polymer-spray-sealant/

As for tire shine, I personally would only use a water-based tire dressing. I have not used Cover All specifically, but I have used other solvent-based tire dressings. They do provide a lot of shine and last a bit longer. But over time, dirt is attracted to the stuff and the tires get brown and not so pleasant looking. And because the dressing is solvent-based, IMO it is much harder to get the tires clean. Plus, if you do get any of the stuff on your paint, being solvent-based, it is much harder to get off your paint. So I personally prefer to only use water-based tire dressings such as Chemical Guys VRP or Chemical Guys Kicker Spray Tire Dressing.

• Helpful
Reactions: namikun and iSpine
In terms of value, you can't beat the Turtle Wax hybrid line of products. They are awesome, especially for the price.

My current favorite spray sealant is Xtreme Solutions Poly-seal. It is a ceramic spray sealant that also has carnauba for extra gloss. IMO, it provides more gloss than Turtle Wax Seal and Shine:

POLY-SEAL HYBRID POLYMER SPRAY SEALANT | Xtreme Solutions

As for tire shine, I personally would only use a water-based tire dressing. I have not used Cover All specifically, but I have used other solvent-based tire dressings. They do provide a lot of shine and last a bit longer. But over time, dirt is attracted to the stuff and the tires get brown and not so pleasant looking. And because the dressing is solvent-based, IMO it is much harder to get the tires clean. Plus, if you do get any of the stuff on your paint, being solvent-based, it is much harder to get off your paint. So I personally prefer to only use water-based tire dressings such as Chemical Guys VRP or Chemical Guys Kicker Spray Tire Dressing.
I’ve heard good things about the vrp.. even better is they carry it at Walmart so it’s an easy grab .. I’ll have to look into that poly seal. Thanks. I use the ice spray wax on top of the either of the tw. Very easy to use. All the ceramic products are very little goes a long way especially in terms of streaking. I picked up some of the eagle one tire shine. And it slung onto my mr2 and it was hell to remove. I trashed it immediately.

I will definitely be picking up some of that Adam’s mega foam.. as I love to foam cannon pre bucket wash. Thanks

AMMO NYC Spit, Reflex, Mud, Plum, Lather
ONR for rinseless wash
Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer
Sonax Spray and Seal
Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish
Griot's foaming soap
Meguiars Car Soap
Collinite 845 wax

SunJoe pressure washer
MTM foam cannon
wheel brushes
tons of microfiber

MaxShine DA polisher
clay bar

AMMO NYC Spit, Reflex, Mud, Plum, Lather
ONR for rinseless wash
Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer
Sonax Spray and Seal
Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish
Griot's foaming soap
Meguiars Car Soap
Collinite 845 wax

SunJoe pressure washer
MTM foam cannon
wheel brushes
tons of microfiber

MaxShine DA polisher
clay bar
Nice list! Are u referring to old school clay barring? Or hv u tried the Nano skin type mitts and clay towels? I’m currently using the mother’s speed clay 2.0 and ease of use I’ll never go back to traditional clay.

Nice list! Are u referring to old school clay barring? Or hv u tried the Nano skin type mitts and clay towels? I’m currently using the mother’s speed clay 2.0 and ease of use I’ll never go back to traditional clay.
yeah I have an old school clay bar laying around for tight areas

forgot to mention I also have a Sonax clay disc that can be used by hand or attached to the DA polisher

also forgot to add AMMO Hydrate - best drying aid!

bought my wife a black 2016 Volvo XC90 when it came out and went down the rabbit hole of detailing to keep it looking fresh. Larry from AMMO has some awesome youtube videos on how to do things properly. Obsessed Garage and Pan the Organizer are great channels as well.

What are y’all using on the seats? I’m new to fake leather, and I’m not sure what to use to keep them clean and in good shape.

Gyeon Leather Shield ceramic coating. Amazing stuff! With babies and small kids I had to protect them quick. I've had ketchup spills, coke, puke, etc and it all just wiped off. I can't imagine not having them treated.

Reactions: Hybrid_GHOST
I’m talking about that in another post lol .. definitely to the gyeon leather shield. It was the first thing I did.. 2 coats all the way around. And still have half the bottle to reapply in a year or so. I plan on using the 303 protectant for regular maintenance cleaning/ addedUV protection. Avoid abrasives if it at all possible. And best practice is to not leave anything sitting in the seats for periods of time. ESPECIALLY WET ITEMS. Also if you do use the leather shield. I treated the white in the doors as well. Don’t get it on the plastic around the window switch. As it will give a streaked appearance. Others have suggested stuff for me to try and remove it tmrw.. the leather shield won’t change the look or feel of the seats.

Reactions: iSpine
also forgot to add AMMO Hydrate - best drying aid!

This!!

I couldn't agree more. Hydrate is IMO the best drying aid on the market. The idea that you can dry your entire car with a single damp MF towel and the Hydrate spray is amazing. Because you are drying with a damp towel the entire time, you significantly reduce the chances of inducing scratches and swirls.