Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s wrong with my Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my model Y 5 1/2 months ago and I’ve had it serviced three times for different issues. Last night I had gone to a restaurant and brought my car to valet in perfect working condition. When I went to pick my car up from valet, the valet told me that my car would not unlock, and to please come help them troubleshoot it. When I arrived at the car, none of the doors would open even with the key in hand nor would the app unlock the car. The passenger side door was the only door we could get open after a few minutes. And then it would not close. Inside the car it sounded like it was in reverse with the UFO like sound, and the cars AC system blowing and smelling like something was burning. There was several alerts posted onto the car, including electrical system, issues, requiring emergency services and various other alerts about the car being unable to be charged top speed being reduced, and the parking break not activated. By a quick Google search, I could not find what any of these alert codes meant and I still can’t. I had to have the car towed by roadside assistance to the nearest Tesla dealership and was able to get a loaner this morning but they still can’t figure out what is wrong with the car. This car only has 4500 miles on it. Below, I have listed some of the codes of the alerts that I had seen on screen. This car is such a headache, I want out of this lease!

BMS_a091
EPBR_a190
PCS_a023
BMS_a170
VCFRONT_a216

Attachments

• IMG_4723.jpeg
    IMG_4723.jpeg
    234 KB · Views: 49
I had to have the car towed by roadside assistance to the nearest Tesla dealership and was able to get a loaner this morning but they still can’t figure out what is wrong with the car.

They have had it less than a day, it sounds like. Its a bit early to say "they cant figure it out" perhaps save that for them working on the car for a few days, then telling you "we need to escalate this" or something like that.

Statistically, big problems like this will happen to a percentage of cars that are sold (not just Tesla). Unfortunately, this is happening to you. Since it's so new and under warranty, I imagine that given a bit of time the service team will figure out what's wrong and fix it, or come up with some other solution for you. Sorry it happened to you.

Almost seems like a 16v battery issue. Early yes but as the valet was in control they Could have left the door open with accessories on? Not likely but possible. Hopefully they address it quickly and get you back on the road.