Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are you doing for Earth Day 2012?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drew
I talked with our local beekeepers association today and they recommended Mount Diablo Beekeepers Association as a resource for you. If you are in Santa Barbara in the near future in a car with a real trunk (not a Tesla!), the Santa Barbara Beekeepers Association Santa Barbara Beekeepers Association has some extra nucs and might be able to give you one to drive back to the Bay Area. Let me know if you are coming down and I will put you in touch with them. You can also order bees on line and have them delivered to you from all over the country.
Ciao!
Timothy

Thanks Timothy and Bonnie1194

We have Santa Barbara Beekeepers Association which collects swarms and cut outs to give to members. Manybe there is a similar organization in the Bay Area. I'd go to HMS Beekeeping in the Mission District in the City Your Beekeeping Supply and Honey Shop and see what you can learn. A cool store and very helpful.

Thanks a ton Timothy and Bonnie1194. HMSB has some bulk bees I will be able to pick up this week. Bonnie1194, do you live in the bay area and happen to be in Fremont today?

-Drew

TRON has his set up with 11 posts. So the threshold to enable your avatar is porbably 5 or maybe 10 posts. Did you add your photo under Edit_Avatar or somewhere else? It needs to be under Edit_Avatar to work, from what I can see.

Shoot,
I have been wanting to come visit for a while, my little brother goes to school down there and I am thinking about applying for grad school at UCSB. If I come down next weekend I will be sure to stop by the earth day event and say hi. Her Majesty's Secret Beekeeper has bulk bees for sale, so I could get them here, but it would cost about the same as driving down and getting some from Santa Barbara Beekeepers Association, but I would miss out on Santa Barbara Earth Day. I'll let you know what I decide to do. If I come down could I look under the hood of your Roadster? Im really interested in seeing how everything is laid out and the dimensions and locations of all the different components.
-Drew

Boomerang Plans 14-Hour Captain Planet Marathon on Earth Day | Superhero Hype

Well this is what my DVR will be doing Earth Day.

I happen to have a soft spot in my heart for Captain Planet. In fact I did Ironman Florida in 2008 as Captain Planet with TBS's permission.

dsc_2030.jpg

It took place on November 1. And that is not my natural hair color.

TEG
I have a photo on my profile--how do I get it to show below my name when I post like your 'electric fan' does?
Timothy
After you have made 5 posts, logout and login to the forum again.
Then you can edit your profile picture that shows up in your profile.
The picture that shows up in every post is your avatar, and the option for a custom avatar is also available after 5 posts.
From TEG: "View_Profile->Edit_Profile->Edit_Avatar"

Last edited:
After you have made 5 posts, logout and login to the forum again.
Then you can edit your profile picture that shows up in your profile.
The picture that shows up in every post is your avatar, and the option for a custom avatar is also available after 5 posts.
From TEG: "View_Profile->Edit_Profile->Edit_Avatar"

Thanks! Let's see if it worked.

Shoot,
I have been wanting to come visit for a while, my little brother goes to school down there and I am thinking about applying for grad school at UCSB. If I come down next weekend I will be sure to stop by the earth day event and say hi. Her Majesty's Secret Beekeeper has bulk bees for sale, so I could get them here, but it would cost about the same as driving down and getting some from Santa Barbara Beekeepers Association, but I would miss out on Santa Barbara Earth Day. I'll let you know what I decide to do. If I come down could I look under the hood of your Roadster? Im really interested in seeing how everything is laid out and the dimensions and locations of all the different components.
-Drew
C'mon by--there will be about a dozen roadters nearby, although only 3 officially in the Earth Day celebration

There's an Earth Day street fair in downtown Spokane on the Saturday of that weekend. I'll be showing the Roadster there. Someone else will have a DIY EV conversion as well. I think the rest of the local EV club will be at other area events.

The Girls Scouts 100th Anniversary celebration at Cal Expo in Sacramento yesterday was my last Earth Day event! There were reported to be 13k people (mostly girls wearing green or brown) in attendance. Before we left, we lined up for a quick photo. (I'll let other owners self-identify, in the interest of privacy - and hopefully they got better pics than I did with my iPhone.)

photo (40).JPG

At Earth Day in Spokane I had the Roadster, there was a Leaf and a Zenn, both brought by their owners, the Mitsubishi dealer brought an iMiev, and Tim (one of the guys working on my electric Porsche) brought the Porsche.

There was a lot of interest, and all of us were kept fairly busy talking to the public about electric transportation and our cars. I took some time off to stroll up and down the street to see the booths and talk to a few of the other presenters. We had very nice weather, which was a stroke of luck because this has been the wettest spring I can remember here in normally-dry Spokane.

I got my Bees! It took a little bit of work but I was able to buy some in bulk. How was earth day?
Earth Day in Santa Barbara was wonderful. I got to reunite with old friends and met new friends from NorCal and SoCal and even met one living here a mile away from me I didn't know. Great time had by all. We have photos of a dozen Tesla Roadsters at the SB Presidio and nearly as many out on the pier at Stearn's Wharf (after breakfast at Moby Dick's) with the harbor and city in the back ground. And the bees were happy as well.