Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are you guys doing while waiting for delivery ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They probably were trying to get you a car to make up for their previous screw up. Someone may have tried to allocate something from avEuropean production run, and blew it.

negative. I’ve had good communication with my rep. As you’ve all implied correctly, they were bummed as well when it happened to me. She had no idea when I lost the first VIN that another one had even populated. The system allocated it automatically. It also switched vins before I was told I wasn’t getting delivered on time. So they told me your first bin for reassigned to someone else, and this second vin “should stick”

she then showed me a screenshot of her computer , not mine, which looked very remedial (almost MS-DOS like) that showed the second vin which was on my account, and that status about awaiting rail transport. It also had the date it finished manufacturing

I don’t know why their computer systems would bother assigning a euro-destined VIN to an American , just to take it away. Again, doesn’t that sound like arbitrary insanity? If not downright stupidity? It’s like they would be trying to frustrate and tease their customers intentionally. I don’t think that’s the case, but I could be wrong

moreover, even though the vin is now off my account page, it is still in the source code. Which is odd

usually it’s the other way around, you see it in the source code, and then it materializes on your page. This did it backwards.

If it's still in your source code, that VIN is still assigned to you. If you do a search using "vinis" you will see a couple of lines that read ""vinIsRevealed":false". This is how they hide the Vin from the order page.

As to why, who knows? But I wouldn't be surprised if that VIN is on a train en route to the east coast.

If it's still in your source code, that VIN is still assigned to you. If you do a search using "vinis" you will see a couple of lines that read ""vinIsRevealed":false". This is how they hide the Vin from the order page.

As to why, who knows? But I wouldn't be surprised if that VIN is on a train en route to the east coast.

thanks - that’s reassuring to know. - you’re absolutely right, I just searched that string and I see it there.

Hopefully this one sticks and is indeed in some form of transit. Just odd that it appeared and then disappeared into the source code for sure