Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What causes fault CHG_w118_VDiffHwRationality help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a fault on model s 2013
CHG_w118_VDiffHwRationalitY
What is this?
Im going to a holiday soon with the car ca 4000km trip using superchargers.
I would like to fix the issue or address it
Is it serious or not.

CHG_w118_VDiffHwRationality
The Voltage Differential rationality check fails possibly due to a failed isolator between phases or a failed signal line for the voltage differential.

This alert can affect the ability to supercharge when aligned with the alert BMS_A096_FC_NO_VOLT_MATCH. This alert does not seem to affect AC charging. It can be present when the contactors are closed or opened.

CHG_w118_VDiffHwRationality
The Voltage Differential rationality check fails possibly due to a failed isolator between phases or a failed signal line for the voltage differential.

This alert can affect the ability to supercharge when aligned with the alert BMS_A096_FC_NO_VOLT_MATCH. This alert does not seem to affect AC charging. It can be present when the contactors are closed or opened.
And what it means? Onboard charger? Battery?

Just drop it off at the TSC. Leave it there overnight and they will work on it in the morning. You don’t need an appointment. The app on the phone will schedule you 2-3 weeks out, not necessary to do

Once you’re at the tsc, use the afterhours dropbox, write a note with last 6 digits of VIN, license plate, a brief description of what’s wron, and put your key into an envelope. Then drop it into dropbox. In the morning, they will work on it.

Just drop it off at the TSC. Leave it there overnight and they will work on it in the morning. You don’t need an appointment. The app on the phone will schedule you 2-3 weeks out, not necessary to do

Once you’re at the tsc, use the afterhours dropbox, write a note with last 6 digits of VIN, license plate, a brief description of what’s wron, and put your key into an envelope. Then drop it into dropbox. In the morning, they will work on it.
I dont want tsc to work with this car. Thats the point. I even dont know if they want to touch it cause i upgraded it from base model to performance myself.
And its from 2013 so no warranty.
I cant find any information what component this fault describes.. chg.. should be charger. So maybe something with onboard charger. I will try to make service request maybe they write in the estimate what is it and how to fix it. If its a charger then its easy and cheap to replace it myself.