Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What color vinyl wrap sticker for door handle on white looks best?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the handle vinyls I've seen (maybe there are better ones..) there is always a sliver of the aluminum still visible on the edges of the vinyl. It kind of cheapens the look of the car in my opinion.. have you seen them up close and personal?

I tried the abstract white ones for a color test. it's close but not an exact match. if I'm focused on it I can always see the difference. But when I forget to look for the color anomaly they blend in pretty well. Oddly enough with some light sources they look like a warmer white than the car but in others they look like a cooler white. It's close enough that I decided to keep the door handles but off enough that I decided to stick with black for the rest of the chrome. Mine do have the chrome edge. It doesn't bother me as much as I expected it to.

From the handle vinyls I've seen (maybe there are better ones..) there is always a sliver of the aluminum still visible on the edges of the vinyl. It kind of cheapens the look of the car in my opinion.. have you seen them up close and personal?
There is a company (or 2?) offering full handle wrap kits but if I was going to do it, I'd have a company custom wrap with bulk film. As I said above - I prefer the OE aluminum look.

CF25CDAD-EAC3-462D-AA3D-7E05714A005C.jpeg
This is why I wrapped my own door handles. It’s actually a very simple process (less than 10 minutes per handle). And you could cut the vinyl so that it overlaps and covers the entire handle including the back portion which is not visible. It’s fairly cheap as well. I got a 12”x12” sample size swatch of vinyl which only cost $2 or $3 (plus shipping). It’s enough to make at least 6 handles.

View attachment 471164
This is why I wrapped my own door handles. It’s actually a very simple process (less than 10 minutes per handle). And you could cut the vinyl so that it overlaps and covers the entire handle including the back portion which is not visible. It’s fairly cheap as well. I got a 12”x12” sample size swatch of vinyl which only cost $2 or $3 (plus shipping). It’s enough to make at least 6 handles.
can you feel the edging of the wrap when you are grabbing the handles to open the door?

You’re not going to get a 100% match to Tesla’s white paint with any of the vinyl wraps. Some of them are pretty decent though and would only stand out in certain lighting conditions. I personally prefer door handles to match body color but having black handles to contrast your white car looks good as well. Are you planning to delete the rest of the chrome on the car?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BZM3
can you feel the edging of the wrap when you are grabbing the handles to open the door?
I mean, yea a little bit if you are caressing or feeling for it lol. But I honestly never even notice it and no one has ever mentioned it either so I don’t think it’s an issue. I think the part where you might be able to feel it the most would be the rounded part at the tip of the handles. But most people I assume don’t grab that part.

• Informative
Reactions: BZM3
I tried the abstract white ones for a color test. it's close but not an exact match. if I'm focused on it I can always see the difference. But when I forget to look for the color anomaly they blend in pretty well. Oddly enough with some light sources they look like a warmer white than the car but in others they look like a cooler white. It's close enough that I decided to keep the door handles but off enough that I decided to stick with black for the rest of the chrome. Mine do have the chrome edge. It doesn't bother me as much as I expected it to.
I was watching a Youtube video and he mentioned an idea he had for spray painting a coat of OEM Tesla white paint on a piece of vinyl wrap and using that to wrap his spoiler. I think it might work