Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you park next to? (Or what makes the Roadster look tiny?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've already been discussing that with my wife. #105 still has its original clear protective film and it is showing its age. We've been kicking around wrapping the whole car and changing the color :)

We love the Sig green and had the entire car wrapped in Suntek Topcoat about a year ago.

It really does a great job showing off the color and protecting the paint.

I really should work on that post in my blog.

From Tesla Motors Club Hong Kong December 2014 Rally. One roadster leading a dozen Model S.

HIM_7118.jpg

Is that an aftermarket green or just the way the light is hitting your car? It doesn't look like my BRG.

That would be a Signature Green... An optional color available to purchasers of the first 100 Roadsters...

(looks like black in some lights (like our photos above.))

We love the Sig green and had the entire car wrapped in Suntek Topcoat about a year ago.

It really does a great job showing off the color and protecting the paint.

I really should work on that post in my blog.

Sorry for the delay - it's totally Sig Green as AEdennis said...available both on the 100 Sig cars as well as the 27 in the Founder Series. Very hard to do it justice in photos, but warm sunny days are best. Was a little dirty in the photo as well.

I've still got the original paint armor, and would be curious to hear/see more in a blog on the Suntek...

- - - Updated - - -

Good thing you had the headlights on so we could notice that there is a Roadster in that Hummer photo... :tongue:

The dang tires are as tall as the Roadster.

That looks a lot bigger than the H1 I saw once.:eek: Very cool folks there:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/6983-What-did-you-park-next-to-%28Or-what-makes-the-Roadster-look-tiny-%29/page7

- - - Updated - - -

From Tesla Motors Club Hong Kong December 2014 Rally. One roadster leading a dozen Model S.

One Roadster to rule them all!:tongue:

Since becoming a Roadster owner three months ago, I've been following this thread and expecting my time will come when I have a suitable photo to post. That time came today, when I parked in a wide open parking lot with no other cars around me, and came back to my car to find this parked right next to me:

4560bd4246521a1c2e5549b11cc8cc5d.jpg

64ca1c9526becffd7df896adaebcc029.jpg

That truck owner must have deliberately parked next to me because the contrast amused him, as there were numerous empty spots he could have chosen (yes, I am assuming the driver was male, not female).

I did check the driver's side of my Roadster for damage from his door opening towards my car, but found nothing.

Since becoming a Roadster owner three months ago, I've been following this thread and expecting my time will come when I have a suitable photo to post. That time came today, when I parked in a wide open parking lot with no other cars around me, and came back to my car to find this parked right next to me:

That truck owner must have deliberately parked next to me because the contrast amused him, as there were numerous empty spots he could have chosen (yes, I am assuming the driver was male, not female).

I did check the driver's side of my Roadster for damage from his door opening towards my car, but found nothing.

Great pics... I try to find big cars to park next to... But that's definitely a worthy shot.

SThat time came today, when I parked in a wide open parking lot with no other cars around me, and came back to my car to find this parked right next to me:

Looked like they parked closer to the white line on your side compared to his passenger's side. I never understand the mentality of people like that, like they get off on that kind of stuff. Only thing I can think of in his defense is that #47 is his lucky number.

Great pictures. I can only imagine how you had to squeeze yourself into your car, with the truck being parked that close :biggrin:

I've noticed, the panels being all composite, that the Roadster is actually quite capable of surviving 'parking lot door hooligans'!

Last edited:
Yes I'm sure the Roadster body panels resist dents and dings pretty well but I still worry about paint scratches. Didn't find anything. Very relieved.

I am trying to be charitable and assume that the truck owner parked so close to my car because of the amusing contrast. But what I really don't understand is why he backed in to the space instead of going head in. Backing in put his driver door right next to my car.

Yes I'm sure the Roadster body panels resist dents and dings pretty well but I still worry about paint scratches. Didn't find anything. Very relieved.

I am trying to be charitable and assume that the truck owner parked so close to my car because of the amusing contrast. But what I really don't understand is why he backed in to the space instead of going head in. Backing in put his driver door right next to my car.

Since our pairs of cars are twinsies, I initially though that was my Roadster parked next to a giant truck in an empty parking lot and almost had a panic attack. :smile:

Glad there was no damage!

I have also noticed the dent resistance is quite good, but I don't know about anyone else, my car, which I bought used, has a lot of swirl marks in the paint. I've just learned to live with it.

The swirl is usually caused by driving through a car wash. Guess that a 'car detailer' could help you get rid of those quite simple.

But hey, I so feel where you're all coming from. I can't help checking out the car whenever it's been parked somewhere public. Or whenever someone parked up really close with the driver door close next to the roadster...

Admission: I even climb into the car on the wrong side to avoid squeezing in, when another car parked too close :biggrin:

The swirl is usually caused by driving through a car wash. Guess that a 'car detailer' could help you get rid of those quite simple.

I only hand wash the car, but all the swirl marks were there when I bought the car used in 8/2013. I've since had the car professionally detailed, paint-corrected, and Opticoat applied. Swirl marks are still there. Opticoat makes it a lot easier to clean and the car looks great from a small distance, but you can still see the damn swirls when the car is in the sun.

Like I said, I've learned to live with it.

I only hand wash the car, but all the swirl marks were there when I bought the car used in 8/2013. I've since had the car professionally detailed, paint-corrected, and Opticoat applied. Swirl marks are still there. Opticoat makes it a lot easier to clean and the car looks great from a small distance, but you can still see the damn swirls when the car is in the sun.

Like I said, I've learned to live with it.

My car has swirls. It came new with that "feature."