Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using Summon to park very close to a wall. Looking for advice to develop and improve my technique.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think dealing with the latency of the current link it might be very difficult / risky (phone -> Tesla server -> car).
They don't have to go through the server once authorized. Bluetooth would be plenty fast. If not receiving consistent, redundant commands passing CRC it freezes and waits until the link is stable. Not that hard.
That makes sense. In my very limited experience, you have to keep your finger on the forward (or reverse) button very consistently. Otherwise it stops abruptly and it takes a while to re-initiate. The experience of latency seems to be entirely in the initiation. So I think you are saying that during motion the communication between phone and car is bluetooth.

That makes sense. In my very limited experience, you have to keep your finger on the forward (or reverse) button very consistently. Otherwise it stops abruptly and it takes a while to re-initiate. The experience of latency seems to be entirely in the initiation. So I think you are saying that during motion the communication between phone and car is bluetooth.
It’s not through Bluetooth. They are setting up a VPN link of some sort with a protocol that requires activity for the car to keep moving. So if the link gets broken it stops quickly.

Reactions: PhysicsGuy