Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you expect in three years?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do expect a cost reduction. TM will be near the 200K cutoff for federal subsidies by the end of this year. I don't know if they will have enough cost reduction in the batteries by then or not. But if the gigafactory economics allow, I expect them to drop the price by $7500 so that the price will be the same for those on both sides of the cutoff.

I do expect a cost reduction. TM will be near the 200K cutoff for federal subsidies by the end of this year. I don't know if they will have enough cost reduction in the batteries by then or not. But if the gigafactory economics allow, I expect them to drop the price by $7500 so that the price will be the same for those on both sides of the cutoff.

Great point. I hadn't even thought of this. The fed and state rebates are the only reason I could justify getting my 85D. I do hope Tesla reduces prices to cover the loss of the federal rebate, because I'll still be out the very generous $6500 Colorado rebate.