TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

What does a 90/10 Loan Cover?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by RedShirt, Nov 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RedShirt

RedShirt New Member

I was approved for a loan with Alliant for a Model S and just finished a test drive. I not 100% sure on how what exactly the loan covers. Since it's the day before Thanksgiving no luck calling anyone.

It says:
    We have you pre-approved pending the collateral value of the vehicle for a loan amount of $**,*** at *% over 84 months. The rate can be reduced should you choose a smaller term. Maximum loan to value for this purchase is 90%.

My question is does this cover the the taxes/ Registration fees?

Thanks for any help!!!

2. msnow

msnow Active Member

I believe it's a 90% loan for the amount shown on the purchase agreement which, in my case, included taxes, license registration and delivery fees. I had a different lender though so you'll just have to wait until you talk to someone to be 100% sure.

3. demundus

demundus Member

It should.

Personal opinion: 84 months is a lot for a car.

4. Tampaukfan

Tampaukfan Member

You will need to put 10% down, plus pay the taxes if you dont have a trade in.
    If you have a trade then you pay the tax on the balance left after your trade.

5. msnow

msnow Active Member

Not in every state. In CA, for example, you pay tax in the entire purchase price.