Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does it take to trigger an interior camera nag?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BridgeMojo

Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2018
Monrovia, CA
Brand new Model S Dual Motor, trading up from a 2018 Model S 100D.

I haven’t had any autopilot nags based on the interior camera yet, and I’m really wondering what the boundaries are.

I just got the FSD Beta software update 2023.32.4 (11.4.4) and will drive it tomorrow. I’m guessing the older EAP code wasn’t monitoring the interior camera.

What does it take to get an alert? How much leeway are they giving?

There’s seems to be a variety of factors, whether you Interact with the touchscreen for too long, pick up something (phone, cup, bottle) look away for too long, yawn. I did find that if you leave your right hand on your lap with hand closed near the wheel, it never nags you. My longest trip has now been 3x minutes with zero nags. I recorded a short-ish clip of how it works

Reactions: BridgeMojo
Upvote 0
There’s seems to be a variety of factors, whether you Interact with the touchscreen for too long, pick up something (phone, cup, bottle) look away for too long, yawn. I did find that if you leave your right hand on your lap with hand closed near the wheel, it never nags you. My longest trip has now been 3x minutes with zero nags. I recorded a short-ish clip of how it works
Heh -- that was very cool. :) You mention only your right hand, but your left hand is strategically placed in the video as well. Did you find that the left hand doesn't really matter?

I should be ashamed that I'm looking forward to trying it out. :)

Mojo

Upvote 0
Heh -- that was very cool. :) You mention only your right hand, but your left hand is strategically placed in the video as well. Did you find that the left hand doesn't really matter?

I should be ashamed that I'm looking forward to trying it out. :)

Mojo
Left hand doesn’t seem to matter, my son was recording so while he was in the car I had it there for safety. The way I found this out is that when my right hand was empty I could have my finger on (not pressing) anywhere on the capacitive screen and I wouldn’t get a nag, then when I picked something up, it stopped working, and I’d get a nag. Then I tried the other hand and noticed it stopped when I reached for, not touched, the wheel.

Upvote 0