Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What exactly is the UV fix for the yellow band on the touchscreen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At first I barely noticed it, but of course after reading about other people getting the yellow band around their touchscreens, I noticed that my car has it too. Made an appointment through the app, and I'm assigned to come into the Costa Mesa Service Center on February 13th.

To properly prepare, what exactly do they do to fix the yellow band? Is it something I'd have to sit in the waiting room for a few hours while they fix it, or maybe just one hour, or might it take a day or more? So far the yellow band is just annoying to look at, and I mostly don't notice it. I just worry if it's not fixed it may lead to parts of the touchscreen not working right, or worse.

Thanks in advance for all the great advice here.

At first I barely noticed it, but of course after reading about other people getting the yellow band around their touchscreens, I noticed that my car has it too. Made an appointment through the app, and I'm assigned to come into the Costa Mesa Service Center on February 13th.

To properly prepare, what exactly do they do to fix the yellow band? Is it something I'd have to sit in the waiting room for a few hours while they fix it, or maybe just one hour, or might it take a day or more? So far the yellow band is just annoying to look at, and I mostly don't notice it. I just worry if it's not fixed it may lead to parts of the touchscreen not working right, or worse.

Thanks in advance for all the great advice here.

4 hour process they say. and most likely theres a queue line, so you wont get your car back until the next day or longer. Expect Uber credits since you are in one of the busiest SCs in the world.

We dont even know if this is a viable long term fix.. it may come back in the future. I don't think it will ever effect touchscreen functions though, but you never know with tesla. New things seem to be braking that wasn't a problem before.

My car had the fix and the yellow banding has totally gone. it does take a few hours but as my car was in for other work as well I don't know exact timings. But as a fix it does seem to work and the screen is returned to normal.

if it is only a curing issue then it should be a permenant fix as the glue once fully cured should remain that way. but as others have said , time will tell.

My car had the fix and the yellow banding has totally gone. it does take a few hours but as my car was in for other work as well I don't know exact timings. But as a fix it does seem to work and the screen is returned to normal.

if it is only a curing issue then it should be a permenant fix as the glue once fully cured should remain that way. but as others have said , time will tell.
I wonder though, why are brand new S and X models seeing it if there is a so-called "cure"? Wouldn't they simply run this process on every one leaving the assembly line instead of waiting for it to inevitably appear? My understanding is that it affects all of them, no?