Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened to fixmytesla.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that a while back, they may have gotten a DCMA claim from Tesla.
You may be able to find copies of older service manuals floating around by googling, but they are GB+ in size and far less convenient than just looking it up in a browser.

• Informative
Reactions: afadeev
You could try the “Wayback Machine”. It’s an attempt to archive the Internet over time. You can go back in time and look at websites as they were. Not every site is archived every day and if there are links on the site to non static content sometimes that content won’t display as it was. I’ve used it to get content from sites when that content has been later removed. It’s worth a try and it’s worth remembering if you ever need to check content from a site that’s either changed or no longer available. Good luck, please tell me how you do. Here’s a link to a Wikipedia article about the Wayback Machine. Wayback Machine - Wikipedia

I noticed that a while back, they may have gotten a DCMA claim from Tesla.
You may be able to find copies of older service manuals floating around by googling, but they are GB+ in size and far less convenient than just looking it up in a browser.
Wow, this sucks.

Tesla is doing its customer base a major disfavor by restricting the DIY repair information.
If the above is true, that's both EVIL and borderline-illegal, at least in the US.

@#$%ers
:(

Consider joining the public push for "right to repair":

Reactions: beachmiles
Wow, this sucks.

Tesla is doing its customer base a major disfavor by restricting the DIY repair information.
If the above is true, that's both EVIL and borderline-illegal, at least in the US.

@#$%ers
:(

Consider joining the public push for "right to repair":
Well it's not illegal at all, because the manuals are copyrighted and there is no fair use provision that allows you to just publish service manuals without the source's permission. The way Tesla addressed right to repair is to offer subscription access to the service manual, but not sure if it's available out of the right to repair states:
Tesla Service