Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened to Tesla's customer service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Service is even more inconsistent than it was 4-5 years ago.

I finally drove 75 miles each way to a recommended SvC and had to my great shock and surprise a service visit as they used to be - excellent from end to end.

Then it took 3 weeks and 5 calls to schedule a mobile tech. That visit finally happened and wasn’t terrible.

What’s really going to suck is paying for a $4750 ESA (for those cars grandfathered) and then having to pay $200 deductibles with every visit. Yes, paying more for less.

But there’s no way I’d ever own one of these cars out of warranty. An SvC fried not 1 but 2 MCUs in my car while troubleshooting something else. The touchscreen went out in my first S. With the current S it’s been multiple sets of half shafts.

And that doesn’t even get into all the stuff the ESA does not cover.

And so it goes.

I've left the window open for over 20 minutes and it never became available. I tried on a surfacebook with both edge and chrome, a chromebook, Android and iPhone. Didn't get the button on one of them.

When I tried it last night multiple times, it was greyed out each time for few seconds but then would become available. When I tried it just now (Saturday) it stays greyed out constantly. Can it be it only works based on the availability of the agents?

When I tried it last night multiple times, it was greyed out each time for few seconds but then would become available. When I tried it just now (Saturday) it stays greyed out constantly. Can it be it only works based on the availability of the agents?
If people have any issue, that's bad. When you call every option except one refers you to the website and chat, not super awesome if you are broken down and need help and there's no certainly you'll have a chat option. I seem to remember years ago calling in and getting an actual person pretty quickly.

• Funny
Reactions: Droschke
I had the same problem: had a question, couldn’t get a live human when calling the service center, and the chat function was not working.

I took a chance and went ahead and made an appointment through the Tesla App. A few days later, I got a text asking for additional information about the problem.

I then found the texting link with the service center worked very well for communicating with them. They responded to my questions.

Today, the chat function is working, but I’ll hold onto the SC text link for the future!