Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened to the T?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sure this will turn out to be a dumb question, but I’m wondering why I no longer see the “T” logo at the top of the touch screen. I’m new to Tesla (took delivery of my new MS LR+ a couple of weeks ago) and am a bit overwhelmed with it all, but really enjoying it. When I first got the car, I found myself having to tap the Tesla “T” logo centered at the top of the touchscreen to access different things. I just noticed it’s no longer there. I’ve searched the manual and this site, but can’t find an answer. I’m guessing that once I set everything up it went away until I reboot. Anyone know for sure?
Thanks.

They actually were always there under Controls (bottom left) / Software. Tesla is clearing screen real estate for FSD as you can see by the changes in the 3’s display. Some of those changes (no T) carry over to the S and X. I liked the T as an easy way to tell service people where to find the odometer (for example) but ‘bottom left menu and Software’ will have to do. :D

They actually were always there under Controls (bottom left) / Software. Tesla is clearing screen real estate for FSD as you can see by the changes in the 3’s display. Some of those changes (no T) carry over to the S and X. I liked the T as an easy way to tell service people where to find the odometer (for example) but ‘bottom left menu and Software’ will have to do. :D
“T” go bye bye. No good reason. It lent great eye appeal to the screen and allowed info to be seen with one easy touch.

I am overwhelmed as I took delivery MS LR+ two weeks ago and had 2 updates so I am still learning where and when of this system. My question is does this car have satellite navigation map? I called service and the could not tell me. The car came with one year premium
connectivity.

I am overwhelmed as I took delivery MS LR+ two weeks ago and had 2 updates so I am still learning where and when of this system. My question is does this car have satellite navigation map? I called service and the could not tell me. The car came with one year premium
connectivity.
Navigation is standard on all Teslas. Its also the default view in the screen. Close all the menus and settings and you should see the map. If you have premium connectivity you also get live traffic on the map.