Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happens if I miss my delivery date?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I currently have an estimated delivery for my model 3 July26-August30. I still haven't received the VIN yet. I probably will be out of the country the whole month of August so what happens if I get assigned the VIN during that time? Is there any flexibility in scheduling the delivery date and what happens if I miss it?

Thanks.

You text or call them to put your order on hold - they're going to release your VIN. Then you come back, you tell them you're ready to accept delivery; they'll give you a new VIN and delivery to you pretty quickly, so make sure you really are ready.

You can put an order on hold for only one time. If you try this a second time, they'll probably cancel your order.

You text or call them to put your order on hold - they're going to release your VIN. Then you come back, you tell them you're ready to accept delivery; they'll give you a new VIN and delivery to you pretty quickly, so make sure you really are ready.

You can put an order on hold for only one time. If you try this a second time, they'll probably cancel your order.
Great advice. Thank you. And do I put it on hold after I get assigned the VIN or before?