Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happens if I reject after financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've recently seen a string of reddit posts that show some serious QC errors in Model Ys and my imagination's been running a bit wild. I'm not one to care too much about minor panel gaps, but collectively, mistakes appears to be way too much and I reject delivery hypothetically, what happens? I'd have paid $10k down and finance company already paid tesla.

Thank you.

You will get refunded eventually. I was also QC paranoid when I picked up my demo MYLR and yes it had panel gaps (I take photos of other Model Ys I see for comparison… it happens) but the interior was immaculate and it didn’t look like it had even been driven in.

Loving the car so far. So glad I traded in my glitchy ID.4 for it.

If your loan has already been finalized, i.e. Tesla paid, then it will have to get unwound. Then if you go ahead with purchasing another Tesla you would have to apply for a new loan.

Tesla will try to find you another VIN/car ASAP so you can choose to get the $10K refunded now or sitting with Tesla. You might not have to apply for a new loan but there might be some annoying emails or calls to the bank… to update the loan with the new VIN.