Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is a good showroom car deal, and am I actually getting a deal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was shopping at Tesla and asked about their showroom cars they want to lease out to see what kind of discount they would give. The configuration I am looking at is 75D with enhanced autopilot, everything else default. On the website, this comes out to $83200 cash (w/destination fee), or $1032/month with $7000 down payment over 36 months at 10k miles a year. Is the lease price including the destination fee?

One of the cars they showed me was priced at $83200 like the above, with a $2000 showroom adjustment, making it $81200. The monthly payment was $1047, because they said it includes the tax. They said it is a good deal because it includes the sales tax.

Tax rate at my location is 7.75%. So does that mean my theoretical lease payment on a newly configured car is actually 1032*1.0775 = $1112 a month? And the downpayment is $7000 * 1.0775 = $7543?

I do not understand if I'm getting a "good" deal looking for these showroom models. Can you help clarify? The difference (1112 vs 1047) is about $2300 over three years. The only apparent benefit is getting the car sooner, which is a negligible concern for me. Thank you.

Im an old man, why are you renting a car?
I ran all the numbers by my professor buddy. He said your firm is leaseing fine, if you are privately leaseing you are renting. Total loss.
I paid cash for mine and got a super great deal from a Benz dealer.
That said, get online, look at every Tesla in USA for sale. I spent hours analysing data. Came up with best 3 deals in my price range.
Call up, made offer. Flew up, made deal, told him i was paying cash. Got him down thousands. Drove off.
Note, as long as you are not buying a CPO, you will be ok. Good luck.