TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What is a good showroom car deal, and am I actually getting a deal?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by xilex, Sep 2, 2018.

1. xilex

xilex Model P3D

I was shopping at Tesla and asked about their showroom cars they want to lease out to see what kind of discount they would give. The configuration I am looking at is 75D with enhanced autopilot, everything else default. On the website, this comes out to $83200 cash (w/destination fee), or $1032/month with $7000 down payment over 36 months at 10k miles a year. Is the lease price including the destination fee?

One of the cars they showed me was priced at $83200 like the above, with a $2000 showroom adjustment, making it $81200. The monthly payment was $1047, because they said it includes the tax. They said it is a good deal because it includes the sales tax.

Tax rate at my location is 7.75%. So does that mean my theoretical lease payment on a newly configured car is actually 1032*1.0775 = $1112 a month? And the downpayment is $7000 * 1.0775 = $7543?

I do not understand if I'm getting a "good" deal looking for these showroom models. Can you help clarify? The difference (1112 vs 1047) is about $2300 over three years. The only apparent benefit is getting the car sooner, which is a negligible concern for me. Thank you.

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

You don’t list miles on showroom hard to say but that isn’t much if discount ..I assume all options the same ?

3. LoveEV

LoveEV Banned

Depends if the showroom cars have. IKEA on them? Have sent you a PM

4. xilex

xilex Model P3D

It is listed as 50 miles. I cannot edit it :(

And yes, all options are the same. Tried to see if they had any other higher mileage stuff in stock but they said everything showroom is now 100D models.

5. MarkKW

MarkKW Member

What is IKEA?

6. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

That is decent deal than

7. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Member

Im an old man, why are you renting a car?
    I ran all the numbers by my professor buddy. He said your firm is leaseing fine, if you are privately leaseing you are renting. Total loss.
    I paid cash for mine and got a super great deal from a Benz dealer.
    That said, get online, look at every Tesla in USA for sale. I spent hours analysing data. Came up with best 3 deals in my price range.
    Call up, made offer. Flew up, made deal, told him i was paying cash. Got him down thousands. Drove off.
    Note, as long as you are not buying a CPO, you will be ok. Good luck.