TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

what is best 12v battary for tesla model X

Discussion in 'Model X' started by oliver4ever, Sep 20, 2019.

1. oliver4ever

oliver4ever Member

what is best 12v battary and how many A for tesla model X 90D 2017 :)

and every how many years need to chenge ?

2. mjptech

mjptech Being cyberbullied by TMC users PhilDavid + DCEV

According to the Model X manual, the 12V battery is 33Ah or higher...

There's no definite answer on when to change it as batteries can vary in their discharge rates, life, and so on. From reading the forums, it seems the average change had occurred around every 2 years.

• Like x 1
  3. stevemc

stevemc Member

4. rayfound

rayfound Member

LiFePO4 would definitely take the discharge abuse better.

• Like x 1
  5. ajdelange

ajdelange Active Member

I would be very interested to hear from people that have installed the Ohmmu battery as I am thinking of getting one. I am particularly interested in anything known about the issue of charging below 0 °C. Does the unit have a heater in it or does it just disable charging when below 0? Also note that LiFePO4 chemistry is generally accepted as having a useful lifetime of > 5 years though these folks limit the warranty to 4 yrs. I don't think Ohmmu has been, in any of its incarnations, around for more than 4 years so I don't expect anyone will have any longevity data.