Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is classed as a modification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buying a new car I can understand that you'd know what modifications have been made, but if you buy a used car you may have little chance of knowing some of the changes that have been made before you took ownership. Was that PPF ahead of the rear wheel arches standard or fitted since? Were they the original wheels that were fitted 3 years ago when the car was made? What where the factory standard tyres back then? Have the brakes got standard pads, has the suspension been changed?

Furry dice and sun visor strip with George and Elon across the top of the windscreen would be easier to spot. I don't know what I'm suggesting here other than there must be a degree of flexibility otherwise half the cars on the road might not be insured if they had non OEM brakepads fitted at a corner garage.
I have a M3 sr+ that I bought 4 months old. I’ve now had it a month and much to my delight I realise that it has FSD.
At the time I insured it I told them it didn’t have FSD because I didn’t know it had, do I need to notify them?

I have a M3 sr+ that I bought 4 months old. I’ve now had it a month and much to my delight I realise that it has FSD.
At the time I insured it I told them it didn’t have FSD because I didn’t know it had, do I need to notify them?
Yes.

But...

How did you discover it has FSD? If it's just a line that says FSD computer you probably don't. If you can enable summon, you probably do.

Yes.

But...

How did you discover it has FSD? If it's just a line that says FSD computer you probably don't. If you can enable summon, you probably do.
In software “full self driving capability included package” not tried summon yet but it’s doing everything else, Lane change, navigate on autopilot etc..
Not something I would have paid for but happy to get it thrown in👍🏻

In software “full self driving capability included package” not tried summon yet but it’s doing everything else, Lane change, navigate on autopilot etc..
Not something I would have paid for but happy to get it thrown in👍🏻
Let your insurance company know. It adds a bit of value to the car that you would like back if the car gets written off. They won't cover the risk if you don't tell them.

Some insurance companies really don't like mods.
I only wanted to do this
1638292222236.png