Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the closest Supercharger to your house?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't realize I was so blessed to have so many superchargers around me until I bought my Tesla. I live in Dublin California.

Tesla Service Center - 1.1 Mile
Taco Bell Parking Lot Supercharger - .75 Mile
Target Parking Lot Supercharger - 2 Miles
Lucky Parking Lot Supercharger - 2 Miles (Not open yet)

Does anyone live closer than that to a supercharger? I think it's very nice!

I didn't realize I was so blessed to have so many superchargers around me until I bought my Tesla. I live in Dublin California.

Tesla Service Center - 1.1 Mile
Taco Bell Parking Lot Supercharger - .75 Mile
Target Parking Lot Supercharger - 2 Miles
Lucky Parking Lot Supercharger - 2 Miles (Not open yet)

Does anyone live closer than that to a supercharger? I think it's very nice!

56 Kilometers. Then again. Why would I need a Supercharger any closer than 300 kilometers from our house. At that distance they start to become useful. Till then it’s much cheaper and convenient charging at home.

This is my nearest - a mere 720 km / 447 miles - more than half of which is on a ferry.
14.5 hours travel total!

EDF43264-0E78-4119-9D4D-E95EE3C08E04.jpeg

You don't have the free supercharging? That's the only reason I could afford a Tesla is to not spend a penny on gas..

I hope you did the math first. You cannot save much on driving, even if you supercharge everywhere, every time. I mean, just think, I save $75 on oil changes a year. WOOHOO! You save a little less than $500 a YEAR (driving 15,000 miles a year) by supercharging. That won't buy many Teslas, even used.

Plus you get to sit at some place other than home while your car charges for half an hour or an hour, several times a month, reading the paper. Maybe your wife sees some benefit.

On top of the fact that Superchargers were supposed to be for the traveler. I find that charging at home in my garage while I watch TV or sleep is a much smarter way to go. Of course, if you can't afford it, maybe a Tesla is not right for you.

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod