Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the dimensions of the lower air intake for battery cooling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all.

The front intake to cool the batter has several horizontal slats.

Can someone please help and take a measurement of distance between each slat?
Additionally how deep is each slat?

Thanks, trying to figure out Euro Mounting bracket before car arrives.
817dfjGYPGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

By my measurements:
The distance between the slats is 16mm.
The slats are 14mm deep.
They are approximately 3mm thick. (It was hard for me to accurately measure this.)
From the centre vertical support the distance to the next right and left support is 107mm at the top slat and 111mm at the bottom slat.

The distance measurements are from the centre of each piece, so include the material itself.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: VailGVA
By my measurements:
The distance between the slats is 16mm.
The slats are 14mm deep.
They are approximately 3mm thick. (It was hard for me to accurately measure this.)
From the centre vertical support the distance to the next right and left support is 107mm at the top slat and 111mm at the bottom slat.

The distance measurements are from the centre of each piece, so include the material itself.

Thank you kind sir.

What's wrong with the plate holder it comes with?

Nothing, though I would prefer not have the bumper drilled or plate bracket glue on from Tesla.
Swiss front plate are really small would fit within the vents its 300mm x 80mm or 11.81 by 3.14

I already have a set of each of plate holder below and just need to see best way to attach the smaller ones to the front vents.
Both are make it so that the plate is self is easily removable in case battery needs more air.

image_1_8589.jpg

I don't think anyone drills bumpers anymore. US plates are held on with the same double-stick tape that secures the emblems and can be removed without a trace. I assume other plates attach the same way.

You're wanting to put the plate in front of the radiator grille like this? Or cobble together a reach-around machine?

featured_preview_1045D18C-A82C-4860-A745-01D67E1D83FC.jpeg

Note that the radiator isn't just used for cooling the powertrain and cabin, it's also used for heating. So while it might be fine to block a fossil car radiator in cold climates it's not without drawbacks on an EV.