Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the latest you can order for estimated delivery in 2022?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that the Model LR with no options selected continues to have an estimated delivery in December 2022. Although that is an estimate, of course this could mean a delivery in 2023. With all of the orders, how much longer do we realistically think that Tesla can continue to share an estimate of December 2022 before it gets pushed to 2023?

Even changing the wheels changes ETA from December to September.

Of course, no one knows. I suspect as long as gas prices are high, people will flock to ordering Teslas. People used to sell their big cars and buy econobox type cars when gas got super expensive in the US, but now they have seen enough Teslas on the road for it to not be a "scary" thing to order an EV (and tesla is the market leader).

The fact that simply changing the wheels moves delivery 3 months (sooner), tells you that tesla simply doesnt want to (or need to) sell the "minimum spec" vehicle, so I would plan on buying one with 19 inch wheels as they likely will prioritize those over "base spec", because " they can".

I bet a base spec order placed even now might not get delivered by Dec.

Even changing the wheels changes ETA from December to September.

Of course, no one knows. I suspect as long as gas prices are high, people will flock to ordering Teslas. People used to sell their big cars and buy econobox type cars when gas got super expensive in the US, but now they have seen enough Teslas on the road for it to not be a "scary" thing to order an EV (and tesla is the market leader).

The fact that simply changing the wheels moves delivery 3 months (sooner), tells you that tesla simply doesnt want to (or need to) sell the "minimum spec" vehicle, so I would plan on buying one with 19 inch wheels as they likely will prioritize those over "base spec", because " they can".

I bet a base spec order placed even now might not get delivered by Dec.
19" are base spec on Y. Go for the 20".

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin